1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should boy be tried with arson?

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by Ivon Denosovich, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

How can anyone hold anyone liable for a 10 year old's accident?

I have to wonder what people would do if this was their child.

"Okay state of California, my son was playing with matches so we will give up our home and let you have half our and his income for the rest of our lives."

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Leaving this a little longer so it doesnt look like I am trying to get the last word

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What's wrong with having him go to a pediatric ward at a burn unit and playing checkers with the children there once a week?

What's wrong with him contributing something of value to the community that could be construed as a way of acknowledging the severity of what he did?

Why can't he go door-to-door and collect money or groceries for the families who have paid the price for his actions?

If he never has to face the consequences of what he has done - if all that happens is he gets a little lecture from his dad - then what does he gain?

Let him do a good thing - a 10-year-old appropriate good thing. I guarantee you that offering him a chance to redeem himself, no matter how small the gesture, will do a lot for his conscience and his future as a grown man.

He will learn that he can rectify his wrongs and that he SHOULD rectify his wrongs to whatever degree that he can.

4. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

Okay... and in, say, 500 years half of the victims might receive retribution.

I agree that someone should have to pay something. But just shy of the family being billionaires, it doesn't appear that "justice" is an option here.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Closed at 4.30PM EST

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.