1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Should Christians Judge Outside the Church?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Zaac, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Part of RIGHTEOUSLY judging is being a right witness first. Not quite sure where you get the sparingly part from though.

The righteous should speak judgment. Scripture says "The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment." (Psa. 37:30)

In fact we sin when we refuse to righteously judge.

"Seek good, and not evil, that ye may live: and so the LORD, the God of hosts, shall be with you, as ye have spoken. Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the LORD God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph." (Amos 5:14-15)

Our generation is well described in Isaiah 59:8: "The way of peace they know not; and there is no judgment in their goings: they have made them crooked paths: whosoever goeth therein shall not know peace." People have refused to righteously judge, so there is no peace.

In I Corinthians 2:15 Paul says, "But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man."

Righteously judging is not a sin. It's a characteristic of being a spiritual person. Satan has duped us hoping that we will NOT judge, because he knows that the right kind of judgment PLEASES God and betters our lives and Christian service.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The truth is that a certain clique on this board wants everybody to attack certain sinners as though their sin is the worst of the worst. If you call that flim flam because I don't join in the stoning exercises, so be it. But not joining the stoning should make it very clear that I'm for Jesus.

Silliness. If you don't know where I stand its because you've been too busy playing "gotcha" to listen. You want to know my stance on a sin? Look at what Scripture says.

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Have, and It Doesn't....

I have looked at Scripture, quite extensively, and what you think it says, and what it really says are like the galaxy, that is far, far, far away! :wavey:

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was a joke in reference to the announcing of our attacking Syria. Nothing like telling them in advance.

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Then you go with what you THINK I believe and call it a day. I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it and neither should you.:thumbs:

6. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks....

.....it's been good all the way around this issue. My love and respect for you and your opinions does not change. YOU REMAIN A BROTHER :thumbs:

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God Himsewlf has made the judgement that certain sins are worse than others though, and thatparticular life style is an Abomination to Him, and god help us when pastors and churches see that its acceptable, and ordaining minsters of the gospel who live and promote it!

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one on this board wants anyone to attack anyone. That statement is just stupid.

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You call it stupid. I call it an obvious truth that folks want to be ignored because so many in the church do it to the point of normalizing the behavior.