1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Should Eschatology Have It's Own Board?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Darrell C, May 16, 2015.

?

Should Eschatology Have It's Own Board?

Poll closed May 26, 2015.
  1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. OneDayCloser

OneDayCloser New Member

Yes, I can believe you. I have moderated a forum in the past, and peeps can get dramatic under any banner as long as they have somebody else fueling them.

Experience has taught me that as long as the thread stays on topic and the topic stays focused on the sovereignty of Christ, then conversations are possible to remain "Christianese" at least.

As for the OP, yes, an Eschatology board would be cool as long as it's organized with a discipleship purpose. You may even want to have a thread specifically dedicated to debating the various eschatological thoughts in order to keep the remainder of the threads clean for those learning from the mind of Christ.

Maranatha! :)

2. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent statement (minus the "peeps" thing, lol).

Focused training. Discipleship. Order. Discipline.

Great contribution to the thread.

God bless.

3. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, Peter makes it clear that this was going on in their day:

2 Peter 2

King James Version (KJV)

1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

It is interesting that Peter makes a distinction between false prophets (then, Old Testament era) and false teachers (now, Peter's day forward).

But never heard of Salem Kirban. Being an avid reader I did, when first saved, read some fiction by Christian authors. Most of it was kind of hokey, but ran across a few decent ones.

We have literature focusing on the Tribulation, but we don't see any scenarios of the Millennial Kingdom. Would be a great base, I think.

God bless.

4. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now the vote is 10 for and 5 against!... Keep this in mind!... In 2004 there was a Creation vs Evolution Forum which is now in Archives!... I know I used to go there often and discuss biblical pro and cons related to that topic. Escatology to me is not a category but a sub-category of the Baptist Theology Forum. Why not have a forum on Revelation as some on here are deep into that discussion. What I suggest is start a post on Eschatology and when the moderator decides to close it... Start a new thread to keep the discussion going!... An Eschatology Forum in my opinion will never happen!... Then again I could be wrong... I'm only saying!... Brother Glen

#24 tyndale1946, May 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015
  5. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would be inclined to agree with much of what you say here. And it is interesting that Creation versus Evolution is now in Archives. That adds to the discussion, and brings a fuller context to the forum as a whole.

But the point is to make it less possible for every thread to be derailed by certain members who have a personal agenda which is dragged into every thread and does not allow the topic to be discussed.

My final conclusion on this forum is that it may be just as easy to be very specific in an OP and ask that only certain things should be introduced into a thread, and report those who do not have the courtesy, nor the intention, of discussing the OP or allowing others to do so.

Before this forum, I have never before reported someone, but found it necessary to do so and felt it made a particular point. All discussions will have rabbit trails, because Theology is an intertwining subject where we may be forced to thresh out one issue to properly understand another, but that doesn't mean we can't stay relatively on topic.

Thanks for the info and perspective.

God bless.