1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Should Pastors Live in Extravagant Homes?

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by gb93433, Oct 29, 2013.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I will say that just because we have the money doesn't mean we should invest so much in houses when there are other areas of living that could use it...

2. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The preacher should live in the most extravagant home he can find. It should have E-lec-tricity, indoor plummin' and glass in all the winders. Go all hog and make sure he's got a stout chimley for the fur place and a board floor to boot. Iffen he's a highfalutin preacher you might want to include a rug for the dog to lay on. Uppity preachers take the tires and taillights off their new houses.

On a serious note I have endured some of the most wretched church supplied parsonages known to man in the name of keeping their preacher humble. I won't regale you with the stories but rest assured an overnight in a mansion would be a welcome relief.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Weren't you required to eat the dog? All the pastors I know live in better houses than I but God bless the Lord for providing me a roof, a toilet & heat. There are folks with far less.

4. thisnumbersdisconnected

Inside ...
    or out?

:laugh:

5. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This man has it all wrong.

Can you imagine paying the taxes on this palatial layout?

If I were him, I would have incorporated the land and house as a non-profit camp.

That way it is all tax free, and I could charge admission fees to cover the expenses of having a cleaning service wipe down all the bathroom tubes.

More to the point, Paul said, don't store up here expecting to get in eternity.

I would rather dwell in a hovel with food, clothing and the fellowship of like believers who I can share what little I have, than a life separated by acres of friendless.

Beside, what thief is going to bust in to a home of the humble when there is nothing to steal?

What a waste of life and living!