1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Should Racial Contention be Secluded?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Darrell C, May 4, 2015.

?
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You still don't get it.

We need to talk with people in regards to a Christian view.

That you are okay that someone (and I hate to say it one member makes the best example, though a number of people can be looked at) feels they have been called of God to preach the evils of white people...is simply astounding.

God bless.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Heavily parsed posts are getting so tiresome. :(

It's gotten so pervasive that I just skip most of them.

Attacking each sentence of a post with some cutesy remark kills the spirit of a healthy discussion.

3. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What would you know about healthy discussion. You've already admitted your attention span limits you.

"Well, yeah, I want to talk about these things but do we have to use so many words?" lol

But follow the advice of the Establishment. Put me on ignore.

God bless.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And there we have it. By the way adding the word "perhaps" does nothing to negate your accusation. Of course it is a false dichotomy which appears to have been made out of anger. Maybe you need a break from the board.

This was very unnecessary and further evidence that your a bit emotional and need to take a step back.

Really? After the previous accusations you offer this. Kind of reminds me of southern gossips who will tell tales of others and then add "bless their heart" on the end to give the impression that they care about the person and that what they just said was not gossip.

Much like you who added God Bless on the end to give the impression you did not just personally attack anyone with an adhominem.

I will give you the last word. Look forward to your next personal attack.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Get nasty in a hurry , don't you?

Suggests to me that most of your suggestions that we act like Christians can't be taken seriously. Looks like we have another poster that specializes in sanctimonious drivel.

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

You got that right. We should limit all our replies to concise cutesy remarks!

Posting animal GIFs and images of aliens should still remain an option though as some people wouldn't know how to communicate without them.

You came to that conclusion to huh?

#86 poncho, May 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
  7. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you haven't been reading my posts. I typically don't take part in the "race" threads and if I do, it's to register my dismay at yet another one of them.

[Looks at thread title of thread started by you]
    If you say so....

Yep. Remember it well. You were attempting to have a discussion with Old Regular about the rapture and his repeated, and I mean REPEATED response was "Darbyism". Yet you kept on taking a run at him, and he kept repeating "Darbyism". How many times you going to bang your head against the wall?

Veterans of interacting with OR on this topic know it is futile. That's why I was anticipating the post count limit to be reached.

You're going to need to show me where I implied you wanted to shut down discussion [laughs]. You're fairly long-winded and you never stop.

<snip rest of rant>

8. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's a question, not an accusation.

Care to answer the question?

And you ignore the point made, in preference of addressing, surprise surprise...personal issues.

Address the points.

And there is nothing in what I said that I would negate, by the way.

A false dichotomy? lol

So you don't think there is a trend to make every thread...about race? You don't think that there are members who indulge this argument?

Maybe you need to start paying more attention.

It is necessary. I see this as being hypocritical.

Did you understand what the hypocrisy was? Or were there too many words involved and you were blinded to everything in the statement except the word hypocrite?

By the way, I count myself as being hypocritical at times as well, the difference being is that I try not to do that in discussion.

Yes, really. Do you think I am here to pat myself on the back? It is my prayer that every post will do some good somehow. Sometimes a rougher edge is required for certain people, but that does not begate the motivation behind what I do.

If you could actually address this in an unbiased manner, in light of the Word of God, perhaps you might see the absolute caricature of Christians some present in these discussions.

No accusations were offered, only facts stated.

His charge of...

...in light of his own actions to shut down discussion is without question...

...hypocritical.

Feel free to mock.

I don't expect a response even remotely addressing the points in view.

Call it what you like. This is certainly a touchy subject for some.

As I said, opposition to the suggestion speaks volumes.

You won't give me a thing, lol.

You want to talk about freedom, and civility, and personal attacks?

Great.

That is exactly what this thread is dealing with.

The problem is that you only want to allow the speech you feel is okay.

Want to put me on the back of the bus? Take your best shot. Want to silence my opposition to something? Take your best shot.

God bless.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you say so.

Looks like your toes got stepped on. You parse posts by the sentence quite a bit, come to think of it.

Explains your comment.

OK, now this post is easily divided , so be sure and address each sentence separately. Stay cute, so I can have a healthy laugh. Don't get serious on me.;)

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Ahhhh hush. Even I put him on IGNORE. :laugh: Ain't nobody reading all that stuff. If he wants a doctrinal discussion , one of yall better give it to him.

And when my posts start taking up an entire page with every reply, you can come slap me.

#90 Zaac, May 6, 2015
  11. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pears as how we now have two "ZAACs" on this board!?!? :tear:

12. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Truth hurts, doesn't it?

;)

Doesn't seem to have been taken seriously in the past...why change the pattern.

I like to think of it as cutesy remarks, but what do I know, lol.

Call it what you like.

I guess you are speaking to that club that is being denied as being in existence?

God bless.

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just can't help yourself, can you?

Let's see, I counted 7, make that 8 either cutesy remarks or direct name calling or insults. No continuity at all in you disjointed response. So basically ,. you answer is nonsense.

And you want to instruct everyone else here how to act like Christians in our posting?

Ar you sure you're not Zaac?

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can't help yourself.:laugh:

You really should leave off the "God bless".

Nothing about most of your posts has anything to do with blessing God. It's just more sanctimonious drivel.

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly what I was thinking. :flower:

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Welcome to Baptist Board Darrell.

If I might make a friendly suggestion, try keeping your posts and replies as short as possible most here either haven't got the time, inclination or attention span to a read multiple three page diatribes. And about calling others hypocrites, the mods frown on it. I was blessed with ten points for calling a hypocritical habitual insulter a hypocrite. My advice is to find other ways of calling hypocrites hypocrites that isn't quite so direct.

Other than that I feel you're going to fit in just fine around here. You seem to be as unhinged as the rest of us. :smilewinkgrin:

#96 poncho, May 6, 2015
  17. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mean three don't you?

18. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have read enough that I can see you are a hypocrite for saying...

...and...

As I said before...

Don't talk to me about shutting down discussion. Don't talk to me about trying to seclude a member, when that is not the case at all.

Not true. Your response shows you are against confining racially contentious threads.

When it should actually be in favor of it...if in fact you are dismayed by them.

Something just doesn't add up there.

I say so.

Here is the thread title:

Should racial contention be secluded.

Apparently you do not feel it should be.

Apparently your brain translates this as "Should Zaac be secluded," lol.

This isn't just about Zaac, and that is why there is so much opposition.

And the discussion was ended by you.

Thanks.

Do you think you helped me out? Do you think you helped Old Regular out?

What business is it of yours how long two antagonists want to go at it?

That was the reason for the thread "How many Resurrections in Revelation," to force Old Regular to discuss the actual Scriptures, as well as to point out that he will not.

So again, don't talk to me about shutting down conversation. Don't talk to me about someone feeling they can control others, or seclude them.

The charge of hypocrisy remains intact.

As long as I am here.

What's it to you? Apparently you feel only discussion suitable to you should go on.

And based on your vote...what you find suitable is all too clear.

So you think I am a rookie dealing with people like him? There's one on every forum. Sometimes many.

Again, in the future, your kind of help is not requested.

You were sticking your nose in where it didn't belong.

Not one post in the discussion but you decide the thread should be shut down.

Threads run thirty pages sometimes, there was no reason why that one could not have either.

Perhaps the content is what you found unsuitable. Perhaps you couldn't enter the conversation with reasonable directness in regards to the topic but wanted it shut down just like...

...Old Regular.

And that is the heart of the issue, is being able to have discussions without the disruption of other members that inevitably get the threads shut down.

You and OR have been shown to do that very thing.

Just showed you.

You denying it? Not sure why, you just admitted to it.

That is my hope.

But what you don't understand in serious debate is that it begins with detailed responses but usually end with particular focus on certain points. Those points can be critical to the discussion, but to being them into focus sometimes we have to put some work into it.

Or in other words, "I'm just here to justify myself, and I feel I have done that."

You haven't, your hypocrisy is still evident in the public record. Best you can do is get the thread shut down and maybe it will slide into the pages of history with the rest of the threads.

God bless.

19. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not likely to happen.

God bless.

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow!

One of your better efforts. Reading through it makes no sense at all. You don't make a single point requiring a response.

May have to put you on ignore just to save bandwidth, if nothing else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.