1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Should Racial Contention be Secluded?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Darrell C, May 4, 2015.

?
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think Abraham Lincoln said it best. "It's just the internet."

2. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And this is what amazes me...so what? lol

Look, I view us, we, the Body of Christ...as not just separate from the world system but commanded to be so. I know we all have our issues and stand in disagreement on certain things, but if we take those issues to the Word of God it becomes clear that there are just some things we cannot be associated with and still maintain an image of association with Christ.

If we maintain a doctrinal focus it is very difficult for us to fool ourselves when we are in error. And if the consensus has a focus on the Word of God there is going to be an inevitable unity in the Body.

We are born again believers indwelt with the Spirit of God, both gifted with and instructed in...self control.

Emotional response is a loss on the battleground we fight on.

And Political Affiliation is, for some, their religion altogether. It is just as much a battlefront as Atheism is (and not saying they are atheistic, just making a comparison).

Perception can be difficult in a forum, and given the fact few will yield a good point it is inevitable that offenses come.

But sometimes the truth hurts.

I actually enjoy those, lol. While I try not to get into such spats there is a facetious streak in my that lets me unleash my humor, which none but me, apparently...can appreciate.

But that is going to happen unless one is here to make friends and makes that a priority over truth. Me...I usually irritate everyone, lol. The reason for that is that I am here to debate doctrine, and no matter how much someone thinks they like me, let me disagree with them on one point and...game over. Friendship over.

But that's okay, I don't see anywhere in the Great Commission saying "Go out into all the world and make...friends." Rather, friendship with the world is enmity with God, and not that those here are of the world, but, the worldly concepts that everyone has attached to their theology will come to the front and that is when doctrine comes onto the scene.

So I cannot have friendship with practices that are with controversy contrary to the will of God. That includes abortion, homosexuality, and racial hatred. While we have to keep in mind there are people on the other side of the fence, we also have to maintain the consistency of Scriptural Doctrine. How we try to determine what is Biblical and what is not is through Doctrinal Debate, and there is no reason why the Politics Board should be a Word-Free board. Our Doctrine impacts our political views very much.

We are all guilty of being hypocrites at times, that is just the nature of unredeemed flesh.

I have no problem being called a hypocrite, sometimes I deserve it. But at least show me why I have been hypocritical...or I can't learn from the correction.

And this is something I want to get across: the fact that we can't attain to the Standard given in the Word of God...doesn't mean we don't strive to.

I'll say that again because I think it is important:

The fact that we can't attain to the Standard given in the Word of God...doesn't mean we don't strive to.

I don't mean in a pharisaical manner, but in a manner where the truths revealed to us should be held forth as THE standard, we acknowledging we also, though regenerate believers, still fall short of that standard, as we are still in a growth process ourselves.

Continued...

3. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kind of like Oppenheimer saying"...it's just an atom..."

God bless.

4. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no doubt in my mind that you believe moving racial discussions to it's own little nook here is comparable to the Atomic bomb.

Lighten up Francis.

5. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do, and I can't say I agree with it as it is stated.

And this is what I see on every forum: the same people involved in the same debates and arguments they have been for years. No growth.

Growth comes through doctrinal discussion, because we have to know God's will before we can put it into practice.

Or maybe I should say "practice putting it into practice," lol.

How is that in opposition to my suggestion? lol

The thought of secluding racially contentious threads excluding a member from anything other than their bent for disruptive and demonic doctrine and practice in every thread is unrealistic.

It is better than Forum Policy (in that context, I actually believe that unhindered platforms can be more destructive than profitable, so I am not saying I disagree with that policy, I actually do) concerning threads about human sexuality.

That is just banned...period. That means there is little chance of witnessing and ministering to homosexuals here.

The Lord will take care of that in all of our cases (no pun intended).

Let's face it, it's a part of the world and we should not be so involved that is overshadows our faith in Christ, nor our obligation to be diligently studying and learning about the Word of God.

This is Political Religion, plain and simple.

But there are valid issues in those discussions which relate to our Christianity.

So we can't ignore that.

We have a country that has been under the assault of special rights advocates whose doctrine and practice is not only demonic but should be, and is...reviled even among the unregenerate.

There's no reason why we as Christians cannot have a voice on several of these issues. It's when they, instead of Christ, become the central focus that is becomes a problem.

Shame on you.

The man is in need of help which he is not getting being treated as a "distraction" and a whipping boy. He needs to be guided into doctrinal discussion. Only through sound doctrine will he see the complete conflict with his ministry as our calling as Ministers of the New Covenant...

...does not allow for prejudice in racial matters. Only prejudice in spiritual matters.

Continued...

6. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Save your links.

I will explain it to you: the internet can be used, like an atom, for constructive as well as destructive ends.

If you want to use your time better, perhaps consider whether you have something relevant to contribute to the discussion.

God bless.

7. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've said several times...controversy sells.

Doesn't mean we have to be suckers for the salesman.

Agreed.

So what's the solution?

I suggest a stronger focus on Biblical Doctrine, what say ye?

Again, there are valid issues we cannot ignore in the world system of politics. It is my belief that a Republican vote has been a vote against the agendas destroying our country.

Disagree again: we have to maintain Christianity as distinct from all religions of the world.

Again it is a core Doctrinal Issue.

And Obama has clearly shown he preaches Tolerance, another cancer that cropped up with the departure from Doctrinal Purity. And I am not saying I am the one who is doctrinally pure in all points, just saying that Doctrine has become a side issue, when in fact it is the central issue.

Nothing wrong with that. It is good for Doctrine to divide. Among most denominations there is going to be those truly born again and being used in the place God has placed for the time.

It's like the question of whether Christians should be cops or soldiers...yes, I feel better knowing there are Christians among them. One Christian could have stopped the Rodney King beating. One Christian could have kept a store from being burned down. One Christian could have kept cops from beating me several times and throwing me off a cliff, lol.

A valid separator.

I am opposed to Liberal Theology and not ashamed to say it.

Now what is Liberal Theology can only be determined, yep, you guessed it...through examining the Doctrines themselves.

And it's not a list we can't begin crossing issues off of.

Abortion and homosexuality should be no-brainers. Racial Contention should be a no-brainer. Separation from the world should be a no-brainer.

Why aren't they?

Because people are ignorant of what the Bible teaches, and as is typical, most gravitate to the groups that best represents what they want to believe, not the groups that teach truth regardless of personal preference. That is why "Church-Hopping" occurs so much.

No, Poncho, it isn't.

In fact it is commanded of us.

We don't have liberty to construct theologies openly hostile and in conflict with the will of God.

Continued...

8. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see that.

Now let's drop the "...as fellow Americans" part and we will be back on track.

This is the priority. We can live as brothers and sisters in Christ and like the First Century believers maintain distinct cultures. But we cannot live as brothers and sisters in Christ when those cultures take priority.

Jews were not commanded to stop being Jews. Gentiles were not commanded to become Jews.

But all were commanded to be in obedience to Christ and the revelation we have been provided with.

If we try to approach cultural issues apart from Biblical Doctrine all we are doing is expressing our beliefs, our opinions, and imposing that we are righteous. But Scripture has concluded all in sin and God alone as righteous.

The Spirit of God within us is going to do the same thing He does in His Ministry to the Lost...glorify Christ and no Other.

So I am not going to glorify Romney, nor vilify him as a Mormon in error, I am going to glorify Christ and keep that separate from my Christianity.

I would agree with the first point, that is the problem. Not just being friendly...but setting up camp in it. In the realm of politics, this becomes the religion of some.

Your second point I would again mention that there is a valid connection to issues that are used for political gain. We are against abortion, homosexuality, and racial contention. All across the country there are congregations made up of many races that get that.

Number three, well...speak for yourself, lol.

I do not count myself as looking to Anyone but God for my provision. He gives me the strength, abilities, and motivations to accomplish that which I see Him directing me to accomplish.

Star Wars does not distinguish authority figures as exclusive to midi-chlorians, the force. While it does ascribe that the higher the relationship the more powerful the individual, this religious concept is in conflict with a Biblical view.

For one, only those born again are indwelt with the Spirit of God, which the force, in part, emulates. Secondly, there is no "more or less" division of God, meaning that no Christian has "more" of the Holy Spirit than another. The difference between Christians is the level of obedience each has, which comes with, I believe, growth.

Third, and most importantly...we have no such symbiosis with the world.

Not in a Star Wars sense.

We have been translated to the Kingdom of Christ and while we are in this world...we are not of it.

But thanks for the analogy...I'm a huge Star Wars fan, lol.

Continued...

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I would bet 1100 of those views are his. :laugh: I'm reading what other people are saying. Al of Darrel's responses are on IGNORE.

It's hilarious because there might be one comment on a page and then 8 or 9 DarrelC replies in a row. And this started around page 5. :laugh:

#149 Zaac, May 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
  10. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only if we choose to be.

Just like we have been gifted and (should be) trained in self control, a fruit of the Spirit within us, our yielding in obedience to God disallows bondage to the control of the god of this world and his minions.

There should be no question in our minds that the rulers of this world have traditionally been evil, satanic, self-serving, and always maintaining control over the general population through fear.

If you ever get the chance, read State of Fear by (Jurassic Park's) Michel Crichton. The premise is this very truth: rulers have always maintained power over the general population through fear. The book highlights and centers on the fear of global warming, but contains data that was, for me, very interesting.

Agreed.

At least within the Body of Christ.

Passed a sign the other day and noticed it did not state the party. Wouldn't it be something if people were not allowed to know the party and had to research what the candidate stood for, and then cast their vote in light of that?

But it wouldn't happen, likely. People are just lazy for the most part.

While I am proud to be an American, and think the American Spirit is noble and has as a basis fear of God, my nationality, nor my race...precede my faith in Christ, which levels the playing field for every man, rich or poor, black or white, Jew or Gentile, male or female.

Christians could, if they made Doctrine important again...have the unity that is not suggested...but evident in the Body of Christ.

That is the true middle wall of partition that has been broken down.

And it is always going to be about Doctrine and Practice.

Always.

Not all of us.

;)

Hey...that's how it's done, Poncho.

The truth is that long posts separate the disinterested and those who actually want to examine the issues. It may be true few will read what you have to say...but who cares?

You were talking to me, right?

It is a thorough examination of the issues which divide that brings unity. Even in Christian Doctrinal Discussion the old saying is true, and even more true..."The Devil is in the details." We have to root out the bad and cling to that which is good, so I appreciate the effort you put into this.

God bless.

11. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I would guess those who have me on ignore show they want the same old same old.

No desire to actually get to the root of the issue...just like you.

Can't nurture that hatred in your heart if someone points out the fact that your gospel is not of God, not Biblical, and is without question the same thing Satan has used to kill people since the beginning.

The invitation to get serious with God and His Word is still there for you my friend. While I think secluding racially contentious threads would be good for you, that doesn't mean I have given up hope that other members here will begin to see your dire need of correction which can only come through a sound understanding of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Understand it is not my posts bothering you, that is your heart.

God bless.

12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You wouldn't know the root of the issue if it jumped up and smacked you in the face.

13. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And we follow Christ's example and expound the Bible to those who would use it for their own ends.

Not so impressive. On an Atheist Forum had two threads that within two weeks had I think it was over fifteen thousand hits.

That's something that should stir us up. Imagine how many people are on an atheist forum looking for truth. One of the reasons I think that is due to the division in the Body of Christ, where we come across as petty to the watching world.

It is just my belief that one of the ways we grow is through discussion. I owe a lot, believe it or not...to atheists. Debating with them makes much of the discussion on forums such as this one seem pretty tame. They curse you and try to do everything they can to intimidate, ridicule, and demean you, and you know what...

...it only strengthens us.

Because when we avoid the emotional response and keep the focus doctrinal...their belief system is revealed to be not just weak, but irrational and based on misinformation, much of which is the result of the atheist's personal beliefs.

We should never let that be said of us.

There is a unity among the Body of Christ which cannot be denied, and despite our differences of opinion and doctrine, there is nothing in Scripture that God has left as a gray area for us.

God bless.

14. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which issue do you mean?

Racial Contention?

Or refusal to gain control over one's emotions and address the issues until the root is revealed?

God bless.

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So your're "expounding" it to yourself.

Figures.

16. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You might want to keep figuring. The public record shows that there are actually serious discussions taking place on this forum.

The only ones not noticing that are those not involved in serious discussion.

But feel free to jump in on any of the threads I am involved in, love to have you join the discussions.

God bless.

17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

No we won't be "back on track" at all Darrell. If our American freedoms and principles aren't protected from a government bent on destroying them then you won't have the freedom to get back to your "doctrine".

We need to get back to basics. We need to get back to what's right and what's wrong not what's "left and what's right" and we need to stop making excuses for the wrongs done by "our team".

I'm sick of the double standards and hypocrisy. I'm sick of the self delusion dance people go through to avoid the truth and defend evil.

I'm sick of watching people standing on sinking sand acting like they're standing on bedrock.

I'm tired of seeing people sucked in by these god awful consolidated corporate monsters that people think they can trust to tell them the truth.

Look Darrell. I appreciate what you're trying to say but please appreciate this. People in the politics forum don't like to be preached at.

Whether it's you or Zaac doing the preaching.

#157 poncho, May 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  18. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As the Body of Christ...yes we will.

If your citizenry in a temporal country is so important to you, are you any different than those who have been swept up in Political Religion?

Hebrews 11:13-15

King James Version (KJV)

13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.

15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.

I don't live under the assumption that our Country was founded solely by Christians. A number of key founding fathers actually denied the Deity of Christ.

I am grateful there was a fear of God in most of them, but the bottom line would be some have more desire to be patriotic than faithful.

So you feel you have a right to freedom? And if God took that away from you?

And my doctrine is not subject to the American Government. They have no more power over the Word of God than did the Pharisees or Rome.

The freedom of speech I have is not a right protected by the Government, it is a command of God which is protected by God. Should the American Government deteriorate to the point where I am restricted in my speech, well, then I guess that is where my faith would really be tested.

You realize that even today Preachers of the Gospel are murdered and imprisoned for their faith, right? Did they fail to preach the Gospel because of governments and religious rulers?

Agreed: the Word of God.

Agreed: the Word of God.

Agreed. What I can't understand is how many here have shown they are tolerant of aberrant gospels, racial contention, and hatred.

The polls show, incontrovertibly, that at the least several members are hypocritical and hold to a double standard for who has this "freedom of speech" you speak about.

A black supremacist is tolerable, in fact, someone to play with when we get bored.

A white supremacist? Forget it. No way. Can't have that.

Indeed, hypocrisy and double standard.

That is the reason for the threads.

;)

Not sure how you can say that when you think it is acceptable that a member be left in serious and satanic error and continue thinking he is called of God for this ministry.

Truly amazing.

Who exactly are you speaking of? Exactly what relevance are consolidated corporate monsters?

I heard it said that when wall street feel they had 11 trillion in buying and spending power. Small businesses? 270 trillion.

And we need wall street for what exactly?

But again...relevance? What we are talking about is Christian Doctrine and Christian Practice.

It seems you feel it is more important to save people from Corporate greed than false doctrine. This has nothing at all to do with this thread.

And that is the point, lol.

Have you ever stopped to think that this might be that they are Political Religionists?

I mean, how do we explain the fact that Christian Doctrine is so lacking, and what is truly godless is not just overlooked, but a favorite hobby of some.

We, as the Body of Christ, do need to get back to the basics, and sound Doctrine is priority one. If there is no concern for what gospel is preached, and what doctrine is followed, why would we think this correlates to the Christian Faith?

As far as me preaching at people, well...take it any way you want. All I have done is point out some simple points and I have done so on the level of every member I have interacted with on this Board.

If you want to see preaching...come visit the Doctrinal Boards sometimes. I irritate most of those folks as well.

;)

That you compare me with Zaac shows a complete lack of understanding, rather than an appreciation of what I have tried to do.

I guess it's just a matter of not wanting someone else to tell you that you are in error about anything.

But as to whether this is valid or not, there is only one measure of rule for Christians, and that is the Word of God. And where tolerance of racism exists, it is a certainty a lack of understanding in regards to Christianity exists also.

Racism has no place in the hearts of Christians, and it really has no place, being tolerated that is, on a Christian Doctrinal Discussion Forum.

God bless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.