1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should Weiner Resign?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Jun 12, 2011.

?
  1. Yes!

13 vote(s)
    86.7%
  2. No!

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. No opinion...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Forgive and don't judge his private life...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I'm a Democrat...

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  6. I'm a Republican...

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  7. I'm neither Republican or Democrat...

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  8. I'm a Tea Party Supporter/Advocate...

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  9. I'm younger than 49

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  10. I'm older than 50

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If it were a Republican, Nancy P. would what their head on a stick! However, she is being more tolerant with Weiner.

What say you!

Pastor Paul :type:

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am voters registasation is with the Conservative Party (NY).

Not only should Weiner resign but so shold Rep Gabrielle Giffords.

3. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What intriguing choices in the poll.

Actually I don't think he should resign. He hasn't broken any laws (that we know of) other than the unwritten law of violating the media hypocrisy in the midst of a dull news cycle.

He's a joke, absolutely! But so are all his other colleagues in both houses of Congress.

I hope he stays in his seat (which is an unwinable one for the RNC) and gets destroyed in a primary election in 9 months. He's a grea reminder tha under no circumstances should we trust politicians or think of them as capable individuals for resolving anything meaningful.

You've got to admit thought that this is a hilarious story to follow if for no other reason than the headlines and puns being pulled by the media.

4. billwald

billwald New Member

There is something (useful) to the old Japanese custom of cutting your guts out under such circumstances.

5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Resigning would be the right thing to do, but I'd rather he not resign. Better to have this issue dog him and taint all Democrats. I see that several Dems are calling on him to resign.

6. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

I think he should resign.

7. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with InTheLight. I´m a swing voter but it has been some time now since I last voted for any Democrat. Having a very good deal of experience with composition photos and several documents for an assortment of legal projects I examined the Obama Birth Certificate he has put forth and have been saying for quite some time now that it is a composed, layered document done with Gimp, Photo Shop or a similar software, only resulting in my being ignored.

Bill Clinton is known as the Teflon Man but Mr. Obama has exceeded Mr. Clinton´s success in the Non-Stick Arena but as much as I want the Wiener to man-up (or his own sake) I do hope he hangs in there until this splashes on Mr. Slick, himself.

8. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Not a US voter, but I think he should resign. Not for sending pics of his...er...wiener but for lying about it afterwards.

9. mandym

mandym New Member

Low moral character should be held equal to breaking the law where public office is concerned. Not sure how a Christian could see it otherwise.