1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Sign Gifts

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Berean, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He probably was drunk.

When I was a new Christian I visited a number of pentecostal and charismatic fellowships because I wanted to know the truth on numerous issues. I witnessed this madness firsthand. And I have a number of friends (old acquaintances) who are members of these groups and I see some sad things going on, but, you can see those things in every fellowship. Some of these people are sincere in their love for Christ and winning people to Him, but they need to understand the Word of God better.

Probably the most tragic issue I see in all of the televangelist nonsense is that there are hurting people desperate for relationship with God being guided by wolves. So while we can without question ridicule the leadership of the movement, let's also remember their victims.

God bless.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the best thing that we can do is to expose the Spiritual heretics that are found so much among their teachers/leaders, and get to them good solid bible teaching, and also fellowshipping away from Chasamatic Chaos!

3. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well said. Thank you. I grant that the leaders of the Charismatic movement leave havoc behind.

But I must say that sometimes it is the rank and file that spread the heresy and even cause church splits, drawing away the sheep, not just the leadership.

4. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, you know what some say, "Shepherds don't make sheep...sheep make sheep!" lol

It's inevitable that there are going to be those in all groups who are more zealous, and the sad thing is that they are under poor teaching. But if God can use donkeys (and I stand as a testimony to that truth, lol), then it is likely that He is still communicating the Gospel through some of these folks (referring to the sheep, that is).

God bless.

5. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen. Last I checked, He's still the Lord of the harvest.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are the ones that get totally hoodwinked into false theology, and just like the Pharisees, are trying to ensnare more to their way!

• Agree Agree x 1