1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Simon Ostrovsky

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Gina B, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Why is this essentially a non-news item in the United States? HE IS OURS. He got a blurb once once day? You don't mess with reporters. This is a massive violation. The world should be all over what's being done with reporters there.

His last public words showed growing oddness at the press conference, with the final one being that reporters weren't allowed to leave.
    I have seen no communication since.
    Documents he had, videos are disappearing. Pro-Russians in that area disliked his work. Now it's going away. He is silent.

But...the group reportedly said "we're not holding him hostage, he's just not allowed to leave."

Ummm, isn't that holding him hostage?

3. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

Interesting. I hadn't heard about this.

Thanks for the info.

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

According to reports, he was released earlier today. Haven't checked yet (just got back from work a bit ago) but what I saw this afternoon said he'd been blind-folded and beaten, then treated well. I cannot verify the accuracy of that information.
    Naturally, some privacy was requested as far as releasing a statement at that time. Gonna go see if there is any other information out there.

#4 Gina B, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014
  5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

That's what I get for being at work. This is all verified.

It will be interesting when Ostrovsky speaks and says exactly what they said. Seems obvious - attempt to silence him, given the dislike of his coverage of what's going on.

I'm wondering what's next. It seems like nobody gave it much notice. Who knows. I didn't see any mainstream information from the United States that showed major concern for attempts to release him. Perhaps it was done quietly. If not, that is frightening and what it says to me personally is that journalists can be scared out of accurate reporting because who will be there for them if this happens? That is a very distressing thought.
    We need truth.
    If they're not free to give us the truth, if we do not protect that most basic of ideas, then we have no right going and doing anything. Anywhere. Ever. We cannot trust information given to us if the only information we get is what the biggest bully allows.

6. Gina B

Gina B Active Member