1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Simple Woman for President Poll

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Bluefalcon, Oct 30, 2005.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks. [​IMG]

2. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

Elizabeth Dole has an outstanding resume, I would choose Elizabeth Dole as a contender for the Presidency any day over Condi Rice.

3. Bluefalcon

Bluefalcon Member

And just what would you do if one day your boss at work is a woman? </font>[/QUOTE]It would generate unnecessary conflict God never intended.

4. Bluefalcon

Bluefalcon Member

I agree with the apostle Paul. I don't agree with your sexist, wrongheaded, eccentric, faulty interpretation of what the apostle Paul wrote. </font>[/QUOTE]And "I don't agree with your sexist, wrongheaded, eccentric, faulty interpretation of what the apostle Paul wrote."

5. Bluefalcon

Bluefalcon Member

Go choose to obey all the women you want. I could care less.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, there are lots of women who are supervisors and managers nowadays, Bluefalcon. Welcome to the 21st century. Wake up and smell the coffee. Fortunately, views like yours that wrongly use God's Holy Word to keep women under men's thumbs in areas not addressed by the Bible are going the way of separate water fountains for whites and blacks.

7. Bluefalcon

Bluefalcon Member

Well, there are lots of women who are supervisors and managers nowadays, Bluefalcon. Welcome to the 21st century. Wake up and smell the coffee. Fortunately, views like yours that wrongly use God's Holy Word to keep women under men's thumbs in areas not addressed by the Bible are going the way of separate water fountains for whites and blacks. </font>[/QUOTE]God created man first, and man is the head of the woman. You're entitled to think the 21st century has corrected God's error, but actually it hasn't. Look at the percentage of women CEOs. It ain't ever going to change either, at least not substantially from being next to nothing.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, it is. People like you who want to keep women under your thumb in non-Biblically directed areas are fading away. After another generation there won't be hardly any of your kind left in this country - fortunately.

Mark me and mark me well, Bluefalcon. It's folks like you who are going to become next to nothing in numbers while women flourish more and more in the area of being CEOs, CFOs, etc.

9. Bluefalcon

Bluefalcon Member

Yeah, it is. People like you who want to keep women under your thumb in non-Biblically directed areas are fading away. After another generation there won't be hardly any of your kind left in this country - fortunately.

Mark me and mark me well, Bluefalcon. It's folks like you who are going to become next to nothing in numbers while women flourish more and more in the area of being CEOs, CFOs, etc.
    </font>[/QUOTE]They may well keep usurping the God-given authority of the man. I will not support this usurpation or the doctrine of egalitarianism.

10. Bluefalcon

Bluefalcon Member

Of the 966 largest corporations, 956 (99%) are men and 10 (1%) are women. Source.

Nope. The percentage of women CEO's in the most libertarian society ever known to man will never change.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope. If we both live long enough I will be proven right and you will be proven wrong. [​IMG]

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have that right, but you can't stop it.

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

You still haven't given any Biblical evidence as to why a woman cannot run a corporation or a country.

[ November 01, 2005, 03:35 AM: Message edited by: C4K ]

14. Fishnbread

Fishnbread New Member

Sorry for butting in, Id first like to start by saying that I like Condi Rice she seems like a pretty level headed person. However it appears that some of you are a little backwards on authority, God gave authority to men in Gen 3:16 "Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth (in labor) children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and HE SHALL RULE OVER THEE." I know, I know "this verse is talking about husband and wife" however you fail to notice that if God would not give a woman authority over her own husband why would he give them it over the whole country's? seems a bit absurd doesnt it?. Also 1 Corinthians
    14:34 Let your women keep silcence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but THEY ARE COMMANDED TO UNDER OBEDIENCE, " Not authority! obedience. That verse clearly states that woman is not to have authority over a man now I know what your going to say "that verse is talking about church" yes it was talking about church however theres is no scriptural support for the hypothesis that Paul limited his statments on obedience to just the church. Paul said women are not to speak in church (a plural word pertaining to a plural amount of men) because they are to be under obedience, not women are not to speak in church because they are to be under obedience in the church, the statement was general and every body here , (feminists included) knows it. Go ahead bombard me with your posts that seems to be a common tactic nowadays. [​IMG]

Your servant
    Fishnbread

15. Bluefalcon

Bluefalcon Member

It is obvious you don't care.

And you still haven't given any Biblical evidence as to why a woman cannot run a corporation or a country.
    </font>[/QUOTE]God made the roles and subjugations at creation. Corporations and countries came later. They don't change the roles God made at creation. Paul mentions the order of creation as his first reason in 1 Tim. 2:13. Either Adam was formed first and this is significant or he wasn't and it isn't. Now why don't you start showing all the scripture for male subjugation to the female. What? No scriptural support for that?

Don't make me laugh.

16. NaasPreacher (C4K)

The White House is not the home or the church. Its that simple.

You cannot argrue from silence. Do you not think that if God intended the same rules to apply to the state as home and church He would have told us?

Why did he allow Deborah to be a judge in Isreal with full governing power?

There are no scriptural grounds for denying a woman the right to lead a corporation or a country. If there is, simply produce it and the argument will be over. It is not enough to say, "Well the Bible says a woman should not lead a church or home so surely it must mean she can't run a company or country." There is no support for such a stretch of scripture.

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Did anyone here suggest male subjugation to the female? Subjugation by either sex is wrong.

God did institute the state and even set a woman up as judge to His people. Barak was subject to her authority when she told him to go up to war.

Personal note: I apologise for this part of my post.
    It was unkind and unnecessary. Please forgive me. - C4K

18. Bluefalcon

Bluefalcon Member

I disagree. Barak was subject to the word of the Lord which happened to be spoken by the prophetess Deborah. Funny, Deborah is absent from Hebrews 11 while Barak is mentioned. Wonder why? I must say the statement that Deborah "judged Israel" is one of the more shocking ones in the male-dominated history of Israel. However, it nowhere says God raised up Deborah as a "deliverer", for she did no such thing, and it was Barak who led God's people to victory, albeit Jael, a WOMAN (another shocker in that chapter, and meant to be so) who killed the chief adversary. Deborah, more or less, was just a mouthpiece of the LORD, as was any prophet or prophetess.

19. Bluefalcon

Bluefalcon Member

Full governing power? Don't make me laugh. It was Barak who seems to be the leader (albeit not so dominant) with everyone following him, but Hebrews mentions him, not Deborah, as one of the hallmark figures of the faith.

20. Bluefalcon

Bluefalcon Member

Sorry, I meant subordination, not subjugation.