1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Small Group Study

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by webdog, Nov 12, 2005.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have the opportunity to lead a weekly small group in our church. The group consists of all believers. I am interested in hearing from small group leaders / SS teachers who would want to share which resources they have used or are currently using, and which ones not to use. Any companies you would recommend as far as materials?

2. BruceB

BruceB New Member

I have been leading a small group for men for a year; we started with The Pursuit of God, by A.W. Tozer. Right now we are simply using the book of Psalms. We may use another of Tozer's books, That Incredible Christian, next but we are also considering a book by Eugene Peterson entitled Leap over a Wall. Bruce

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Anything by Tozer is good. Anything by Blackaby is good. The Man God Uses by Blackaby was a good study for our church. But I would also suggest just taking a book of the bible and going through it verse by verse and really dig into what is there.

4. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

I love Precept Ministries International Inductive Study Series and their 40 minute Bible studies.

www.precept.org

5. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

My Women's Bible Study is currently doing the "Following God" series by Wayne Barber, Eddie Rasnake and Richard Shepherd. There are several studies including Old Testament Prophets, The Tabernacle, Ephesians, New Testament Men of Faith, plus lots more. This is our second year doing this series, and we all love it.