1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured So asking my ? again.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by percho, Jul 8, 2015.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

So your contention is with Paul. In your opinion he spewed out nonsense when he called ALL off them "the offspring of God" even quoting a Greek poet in the process of doing so. Take your argument up with God. You will have a hard time winning though.

2. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

I do not believe Satan was created evil. I believe he chose evil by opposing God.

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

No it is not with Paul, Paul said we, as those who are God's offspring ,as born of God ,are the offspring of God, you have to be born of God to be His Offspring, you must be of God to hear Gods words John 8:47! You don't believe or understand Paul!

4. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

A evil tree brings forth evil fruit! Matt 7:17 -18

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You are reading into Scripture that which is not there.

What does the verse say:

Act 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

--The "we" included absolutely everyone on Mars Hill.
    Now look what A.T. Robertson says on this verse:

6. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

The issue is not that Satan is evil but whether he was created evil. To contend he was is again making God the creator of evil.

7. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Did a Evil Tree create itself? But I'm not here to discuss that, I am discussing that the serpent has a seed, a offspring, so says the scriptures Gen 3:14-15!

8. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ezekiel 28:12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.

28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

28:16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

28:17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

28:18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

28:19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

Then again how are you going to harmonize these scriptures with this one?

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.... Brother Glen

#48 tyndale1946, Jul 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2015
  9. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

I am glad I don't hold the depraved Calvinist doctrine that God is the author of evil. Such a God is not the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

This idea that Satan or Lucifer was created evil has pagan influences, besides Calvinism. Anyone who is familiar with the old pagan religions would know that.

10. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a Calvinist, but I do not hold to the notion that Satan was created evil. Everything God has ever made, He made good. Adam, Eve and Satan were created good, and turned to sinning. Savedbymercy holds to many horrible views. He believes in eternal justification, Archangel Michael is Jesus(a JW teaching, by the way), serpent seed doctrine, and is anti-gospel regeneration. I shudder at the thoughts of him with bible in hand teaching people, especially little kids. :tear: :(

11. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The KJV rendering is not the best. More correctly, the NIV,HCSB and ISV have "create disaster"

The ESV,NASB, NET Bible and WEB all have "create calamity"

12. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. Agree mon ami.

13. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you actually studied before saying such an absurd thing you would find that no Calvinist theologian, Bible commentator, preacher holds that God is the author of evil. Do not look at aberrant offshoots. Those isolated individuals do not represent Calvinism. Show some integrity.

Do yourself a favor and listen to some messages on sermonaudio.com

You can find sermons on various texts by Calvinists on the subject of evil. Look on-line at printed sermons or Bible commentators who deal with the subject. You owe it to yourself not to ascribe such lies to others.

14. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

I'll pray for you because that's what Jesus says to do.

15. BrotherJoseph

BrotherJoseph Well-Known Member

Brother Rebel,

"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning" (John 8:44)

"He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning" (1 John 3:8)

16. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The Word means moral and or ethical evil also!

17. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

That does not say or prove that he was created evil. It supports that he chose evil.

I hope Calvinists realize that to say God created evil is to say that God is the author of evil. This is a very serious matter. The god of Calvinism is not the God of the Bible. I hate to put it so bluntly, but this is crucial.

18. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The words "from the beginning" refers to when time began. It means from the commencement of humanity, when Adam was created.

19. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The above post#53 bears repeating. And note, when someone doesn't even identify as a Calvinist --it is dishonest for another to lump one into the Calvinist camp. Honesty is the best policy.

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Luke 2427 is an ardent Calvinist. More than once on this board he has ascribed evil to God. So have others.
    SBM ascribes God as the author of evil.
    Many Calvinists do.
    So what is your hang-up. Basically the Calvinist that doesn't believe that God is the author of sin and evil is inconsistent with his own Calvinism and has not thought it all the way through logically. He wants to call himself "moderate," but in reality there is no such thing. It is all or nothing. You simply end up inconsistent.