1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

So I'm arguing with a hyperCalvinist/Camping follower

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by annsni, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

The same thing they called Jesus....riiiiight! :smilewinkgrin:

2. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Your initial post implied that mainstream Cals aren't really consistent as the woman in the OP, since they "don't talk that way." The implication being that Cals really ought to be Hypers in order to be consistent. Maybe that's not how you intended it, but it certainly came across that way.

3. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

It is not how I intented it, which is why I said, "Those types do give Christians a bad name, just as those who teach "easy believism" do. I believe both are destructive."

As you can clearly see I pointed to both extremes...the extremes of Calvinism (like this woman) and the easy believism extremes of non-Calvinists...both are destructive. That was my intent and that is what I said. I can't help what you read into my intent, but as clearly shown there is no distortion of Calvinism in what I wrote.