1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

So is it a curse of God to have women rule?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by John3v36, Mar 3, 2005.

1. John3v36

John3v36 New Member

none the less Deborah knew better

Isaiah 3:12 - As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.

2. music4Him

music4Him New Member

BTW, John3v36........
    in referance to the scripture you quoted:

Isaiah 3:12 - As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.

What type/kind of ruleing women do you suppose Isaiah is refering to? Righteous women or wicked women? [​IMG]
    BTW, Just a thought here... Deborah was a Godly woman therefore it was probley not a problem for her to judge the children of Israel, and with the Lord leading her she helped Barak to know what to do. But on the other hand take Jezebel as an exsample of a evil woman ruleing there was a big problem. :eek:

So is it a curse of God to have a woman rule?......

As for me it depends on what kind of woman she is. ;)

Music4Him [​IMG]

3. Glory2God

Glory2God New Member

Deborah did NOT lead or rule. God used her to JUDGE Israel.

Jg 4:4 ΒΆ And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time.

4. John3v36

John3v36 New Member

"helped Barak" and ruling or leading is not the same. My wife helps me but she does not rule.

Deborah was a Godly woman so she gave Godly help but when it came to leading she left that to
    Barak.

You said

"
    So is it a curse of God to have a woman rule?......

As for me it depends on what kind of woman she is. ;) "

But what does God say?

5. music4Him

music4Him New Member

OK, so it depends on what kind of woman she is and what she is ruling. ;)

No, women should not pastor a church, but she can minister in a church (behind the pulpit), she can work a goverment job, and use the talents God has given her.

It really concerns me that in some church settings there are abeled bodied and bibically knowledgable women who are looked on as unimportant, seconded class citizens or oppressed, because although they know their bibles, the men of the congragation remind them with their "11th commandment"... Woman shutteth thy mouth! [​IMG] This does not only happen in a church setting either. I interject in our fire dept. training sessions and get a look like "who are you to say anything... your a woman". (Although I told my husband the same thing and he posed the same issue and it was a great idea! hummmm? :rolleyes: ) At bringing a community meeting together that we held and getting all the prep work (news artical with the help of a friend, set up and cleaned the center, done cooking ect...) Then when finally getting my chance to talk to a county official he pretended to listen (you just know when you are being given the cold shoulder), but sure had time to talk with the "men". I was the hostess who invited him. I'm not bitter, but I know where men stand and how they are if intemidated. [​IMG]
    A word of advice, Love thy neighbor even if she is a woman and exspecialy if she sits next to you in church, because she might be cooking your meal later. [​IMG]

I know what you are trying to say John3v36 and I hope you understand also what I'm saying too. [​IMG]

Maybe this might be an oppertunity for you to say biblically what you feel that the Lord says women are allowed to do. I feel there are gray issues where women are concerned, thats all. [​IMG]

Music4Him

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Along a secular vein, does anyone have a problem with the idea of a woman being a supervisor or manager in the workplace?

I do not.

7. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I believe a woman's place is as a homemaker, if she is putting her children under the care of a daycare or letting someone else raise her children so she can be a supervisior or manager in the workplace, then I believe that is a problem.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jonathan, what if she is single or has no children that are in a daycare or with a babysitter?

9. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I guess that would be different, but if she ever got married and started a family, she would have to choose between her family and her career. Sadly, most choose their career. :(

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A rather sexist attitude there, Jonathan.

Do you realize, back when we were an agrarian society, how hard women worked, even though they didn't leave home. Do you reckon they probably spent at least 8 hours a day working while someone else, such as a grandmother or another child, took care of the young children?

11. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I believe being a homemaker is much harder work than what most do at the office every day. I respect those who stay at home and work hard, wether or not a farm is in the picture. I know my wife works more than 8 hours a day as a homemaker!

Grandmother or a sibling helping tend to the younger children is alot different than turning the care of your children over to a stranger at a day care for 8 to 10 hours a day!

12. music4Him

music4Him New Member

I have tried to be a homemaker. I built the living room and kitchen including laying the tile and carpet. I did this while also watching my grandson. Trust me.... I rather go work a job for 8 hours and be done with it, than to put in 16 hour days with no pay and then listen to others complain about how hard their day was because the register came up short or the industrial sweeper broke so they had to use a broom. A homemaker wears many hats and it is a haaaaaaard job. Thats why I am tring out my hand as volunteer fire fighter and soon will be doing first responders/EMT training. Less stress and free schooling.

JGrubbs just wondering (and you don't have to answer if you don't want to but it would be appriciated), when you come in from work do you help your wife with dinner or anything if you notice she needs help or does she ask for help?

13. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

Proverbs 31-9 Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy.
    10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
    11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
    12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
    13 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.
    14 She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.
    15 She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.
    16 She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
    17 She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.
    18 She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.
    19 She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.
    20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.
    21 She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.
    22 She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.
    23 Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.
    24 She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.
    25 Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.
    26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
    27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
    28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

This lady seems awfully busy, and obviously not home all the time with the kids, and yet the children call her blessed and her husband praises her.

Sounds like it's O.K. for her to work, or any other women if you ask me!

Peace,

Tam

14. hsmom3

hsmom3 New Member

I am a single mother of 3, and I am still a homemaker. I have a home business to help meet our needs, but we mainly live on child support. I don't live above our means because my children and my home are more important than things. We do without quite a lot, but we have the Lord and each other! I believe that God can make a way for a woman to work from home, if she sincerely desires it. The Bible teaches the married women and mothers to guide the home and be a keeper of the home; we can't be a guide and keeper if we are not there! The Proverbs 31 woman had a home business that she did in her home. She never left her family to do her job. Yes, she did leave briefly to deliver her goods to the merchant, just like I briefly leave to get groceries. She did her sewing at home.

hsmom3 [​IMG]

15. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Yes, I help with dinner, the dishes, getting the boys ready for bed, grocery shopping, etc. I got my wife a membership at Curves so she can get out and excercise with other women every week, I also encourage her to be active in our local homeschool support group which has women's Bible studies, support group meetings, field trips, etc.

16. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Now that is so nice! Your wife is lucky. [​IMG]
    But you see there are women who do not get that type of respect or encouragment. I dunno know but for some women they are misrable homemakers, but happy bread winners. If they don't get support (like you acknowlede you give your better half ;) ) what do you suppose happens? I think they rebel or repel..or sadly just get depressed and give up.
    There is nothing wrong with homemakers but there is nothing wrong with a woman working outside the home either.

[​IMG] hsmom3~

17. John3v36

John3v36 New Member

Titus 2:5 - To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

18. John3v36

John3v36 New Member

Now with the above said if you do not have a husband the food need to come from someplace.

but to leave the kids in day care and go out and get a job just because.

thats just plan wrong.

19. John3v36

John3v36 New Member

women have alot to do in the church.

Just for starters let the older women teach the younger women, children, poor ... etc.. etc.. so on and so on.

20. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Now just one question John3v36....
    When Jesus comes back and we get to rule for 1000 years....you do know theres gonna be some women getting to rule then? [​IMG] [​IMG] ;)