1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured So Sad

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by steaver, Jun 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inspector Javert

Inspector Javert Active Member

I know this much....
    Your immediate and basic reaction to those who disagree with you is to utilize force.
    You default to it...
    See you here:
    Your prayer...
    Your deepest desire...
    is that Power and force be used to silence your critics, and all those who would disagree with or debate you...

You and your master Calvin are users of force. You are a persecutor as was he.

I am stating the "Reductio ad Absurdum" of your belief, and you hate hearing it. You have no response to it...So you simply desire that force be used against your critics.

Why do you hate God's perfect will?

Is what I am doing directly in opposition to what God has, in his perfection, ordained?
    Does not ALL which occurs, occur because it brings him ultimate Glory?
    Why then, do the rantings of a heretic annoy you?

Will not God be perfectly glorified by them?

Will it not be to God's ultimate glory that he can crush them with his rod of iron and will not God be ultimately glorified by the fact that I wish to please him by having him crush my heresies?

I want God's perfect glory consummated.
    It verifies God's perfection that every heresy I state is ultimately made by him his foostool and that every imagination of high things which exalt themselves above the knowledge of God are put asunder.

You imagine, Rippon, a vain thing.
    You imagine, that you can exalt yourself above the knowledge of God and take umbrage at the speech of a heretic.

It is to God's greater Glory that any heretic speak, so that he may make them his footstool in due time, and to God's greater Glory that ever an anon, any non-Calvinist who is argued with, is silenced if possible, by force, and force alone in lieu of argument. As you cry for here:
    Yeah...you'd like that...
    a little blood-flow, a little burning at a stake????

You people are so easy, and your M.O. obvious.

Why don't you guys answer the O.P?
    Why do you hate the idea that God damns your children or wife to hell?

Who are you to DEBATE GOD!!!
    Who art thou oh, Calvinist to be sad when your 3-year old daughter burns in hell?

She deserved it, and her suffering is a sweet savour to his nostrils. Why do you continually wish for that which is NOT God's will?
    If it were God's will that your infant daughter be elect, than she would be, but it pleases God that her cries of eternal pain are a sweet incense to his nostrils as are the prayers of the saints, so also are your 3-year-old daughters cries of pain and torment...
    Why, then, do you resist God's will?

If you hate the question, Calvies, then stop being a Calvinist, and develop of Theology which doesn't make you a monster and the the Deity you worship utterly monstrous.

Q.E.D.

#161 Inspector Javert, Jun 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2014
  2. The Archangel

The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok...

But, the clause "is passed from death unto life" shows that death is the default position, as it were, before one believes in Christ.

What causes the passage from death to life? Are you suggesting that it is belief?

The Archangel

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Rippon
    In light of this meltdown...perhaps he is doing sermon prep for either of these texts;

5 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;

2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;

4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.

or maybe this???
    29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself for your immaturity, but in all probability you glory in it.

His frustration and envy of Archangel...is reminiscent of Cain and Abel...looks like it boiled over :thumbs: It was like...look at me..I use big words, and latin phrases....someone acknowledge me...even though AA. shredded my carnal reasoning and rhetoric.
    These postings have been in a downward spiral as he has attempted to oppose truth more and more...what is the result...meltdown.

#163 Iconoclast, Jul 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2014
  4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Inspector Javert

Wrong theology leads to this open hatred of God. {calling God profane names, mocking His eternal purpose}
    Religion can hide it for awhile...but this non stop hatred makes a person behave in unseemly ways....unstable, foul speech.....which should not be.

5. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

6. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Na na na na na boo boo!! :D

7. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    sounds like the old "roaster" post.

The original question in that old series was to contrast the 4 and 5 point Calvinist view of God -- and the much predicted future scenario with the Arminian view of God and the much predicted Arminian scenario for the same case.

It was instructive on both counts.

In the future - the Calvinist looking over the ramparts of heaven notices that his much loved precious daughter is suffering in the torments of the lake of fire - rushing to God he says "O Lord couldn't you have done something to save my precious daughter?". To which he gets the much expected "calvinist" response "of course I COULD have if I cared to... after all I am God all powerful and sovereign. You should just be glad for you -- after all I did not have to care about you either". At which point the Calvinist is mind-zapped to no longer Love those God did not care about.

Now in the Arminian scenario it goes like this "O Lord couldn't you have done something to save my precious daughter" - to which the Lord says "I moved heaven and earth to save her.. I died for her... I love her much more than you will ever experience and I am not willing for any to perish - but I stopped short of forcing her will or turning her into a robot. That was my sovereign choice." -- then of course a few seconds later she is "destroyed both body and soul" Matt 10:28 just as Christ predicted.

in Christ,

Bob

#167 BobRyan, Jul 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2014
  8. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.