1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

So what do you all do after church on Sunday for the rest of the day?

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by annsni, Jun 3, 2012.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I was just wondering what everyone does! Today I'm heading out to go to Costco to get stuff for our homeschool group celebration night and to order pizzas. Hubby went out to the boat for some time alone before the thunderstorms roll in, DD1 and the younger two kids are just kind of hanging out, with DD1 doing all her laundry before her surgery this week. Finally, DD2 is on her way home from a college group outing.

Usually, we just kind of hang out at home and my older two girls work after church but now that it's summer, we'll be going on the boat more often.

So what do you do for the rest of your Sunday after church?

2. billwald

billwald New Member

Take a nap!

3. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I come home from church, get something to eat, then get on my computer and click on Bookmarks and then Baptist Board. After that, I might take a nap. Coming in here must be tiring, or maybe it's because I don't sleep well. :sleeping_2:

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well, we've always said that God puts something in the air on Sundays so we will be forced to rest because a nap is almost always needed after church! During the summer, not so much but during the winter? Absolutely!

5. mandym

mandym New Member

I spend a couple hours with the sheet family.

6. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Usually visit my mom and do a couple of random errands.

7. DiamondLady

DiamondLady New Member

We either come home or go out for lunch, nap time, then back to church at 5 during school year for AWANA or for VBS in June (July and Aug we actually get to stay home until 6) back to church for evening worship at 6:30, home again around 8:30 and drop into bed after a quick snack.

For us Sunday is a day of worship and rest....not shopping, errands, ball games, etc. Call me old-fashioned. When I was growing up there was nothing even open on Sundays. I was a teenager when Burger King came to town and we actually got to go out for lunch once in a blue moon on a Sunday. That's always stuck with me.

8. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We come home from church, eat lunch, clean up the dishes, and take care of schoolwork or laundry and our pets. Then dh goes back to church to study for the evening sermon. If I go early with him, I clean his office, practice the piano, and have my kids tidy up the church bathrooms. If I stay home while he studies, sometimes I'll make phone calls.

For the preacher and his family, Sunday is not a day of rest. It's one of our busier days.

9. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can't say I do much for the "day of rest." To me it's just an off day. Usually I go with a group from church to eat out, then come home and watch sports, especially in football season. Yesterday I mowed the backyard after visiting another church's 6 p.m. service (my membership church does not have a Sunday evening service), then went to buy a few groceries, did laundry while watching sports news, fell asleep in the recliner, and finished putting up clothes and towels about 1:30 a.m.

10. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

lunch and cards with family and friends

11. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

After church, I will eat at home or more often than not lunch with a family. Then it is basically a social day, visiting friends etc.

We tend not to shop or do unnecessary work which is appropriate for the Lord's Day. Though of course, every day is or should be the Lord's day.