1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Social contracts

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by billwald, Nov 23, 2004.

1. billwald

billwald New Member

Until the 1800's the people living on the east coast generally had the same idea of a proper social contract - the activities that are to be prescribed and proscribed. The people who disagreed could "go west" to rape and pilliage the Indian People and whatever.

Now days we have many concepts of social contract and the minoritiy views are exploding as immigration explodes. (And we need the new young people to pay taxes into the system so that I will continue to get my fat pension. <G>)

Half the land west of the Mississippi is "owned" by the govt and there are millions of acres that contain nothing but cows and not many of them per acre. I propose that people with a unified social contract be permitted to use basically vacant land to form new communities that abide by a specific social contract. It would be "fair and equitable" as long as dissenters were permitted to leave and take portable assets with them.

For example, One community could be ruled by an OPC social contract and only OPC members would be franchised. Another community could be Catholic and only practicing Catholics would have the vote. No one would be hurt and it would be interesting to see the economic and social competition. Of course, this would also apply to Hippies, Democrats, Republicans . . . .

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Sounds like closet communism to me.

3. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Define "OPC".