1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Soft tissue, cells, blood in dinosaur remains

Discussion in 'Creation vs. Evolution' started by Scott Downey, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then why did they not get on the Ark?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think they did. Scripture talks about kinds, not species.
    Many varieties of tyrannosaurs existed, so just a pair could represent all tyrannosaurs.
    Another of their videos says a kind is not a species, it is a supergroup and within the representative kind of the animal exists all the variations of species.
    So for example, they mention 'felids' as a kind under which exist many kinds of cats. So the felid that got on the ark, with the genetics of those 2 individuals existed all the various cat varieties, lions, tigers, domestic cats etc... Dog kind same way.
    So no lions and tigers on the ark, just some kind of cat perhaps.

There were many different elephant like creatures in fossils too, but a 'elephant kind could have produced all the varieties of elephants.

The other thing, God draws the animals he wants on the ark, bringing them to Noah , maybe he just did not want some of them.
    speculation since we did not see it.

20 Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive.

5 And Noah did all that the Lord commanded him.

6 Noah was six hundred years old when the floodwaters came on the earth. 7 And Noah and his sons and his wife and his sons’ wives entered the ark to escape the waters of the flood. 8 Pairs of clean and unclean animals, of birds and of all creatures that move along the ground, 9 male and female, came to Noah and entered the ark, as God had commanded Noah. 10 And after the seven days the floodwaters came on the earth.

4. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I heard somewhere that it was God that directed the animal pairs to come to the ark. Noah did not go out and "gather" the pairs.
    In reading the Genesis accounts I am unable to locate a verse which says God directed the animals to Noah, only that God shut the ark's door.
    Do you know of a verse that says God shepherded the animals to the ark?

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The plot thickens ....

BTW - The clean animals came in by sevens....

6. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

OK! My error. Thank you.
    Sevens it is.

Genesis 7:15

And they went in unto Noah into the ark...

They came by God's leading?

So perhaps God excluded some kinds of animals.

#6 SGO, Mar 10, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God brought the animals to the ark, Noah did not need to go and catch them.
    God would have tamed them too. Only after the flood did God put fear and dread of man into the animals. So perhaps the violence before the flood was man against man, not beast against man. but after the flood, animals will be held accountable for killing man.

After the flood, God tells man he can eat animals, before that God had only given plants as food for man.
    Genesis 9
    So God blessed Noah and his sons, and said to them: “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth. 2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be on every beast of the earth, on every bird of the air, on all that move on the earth, and on all the fish of the sea. They are given into your hand. 3 Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs. 4 But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood.

5 Surely for your lifeblood I will demand a reckoning; from the hand of every beast I will require it, and from the hand of man. From the hand of every man’s brother I will require the life of man.

verse 5, a life for a life God required for the life blood of a man. Before the flood the earth was full of violence, must have been much killing, so here God reminds man he still cant get away with murder and violence, there will still be a reckoning, even though this is a new start for people.

8. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Thank you.
    Any scripture besides Genesis 7:15?

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But I still would have put those termites into a metal box!

10. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is in pre-baseball times.
    The termites could not have dealt with the pitch.

Make thee an ark of gopher wood;
    rooms shalt thou make in the ark,
    and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.
    Genesis 6:14

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Another thing, God may have after the flood recreated anew any creatures he did not have Noah explicitly bring into the ark, such as fungi, bacteria, protists, maybe insects. Did Noah really want to bring mosquitos, horse flies, gnats, etc... on the ark with him. And I dont expect God would do that to Noah and the animals.

12. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Good point. How small did those stalls in the ark get?

13. Hannahande

Hannahande Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why did God exclude some animals if He created them from the start? Did they die ahead of time before the ark sail?

14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ask Calvin:Biggrin

15. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was their ... (ready for it) ... FREE WILL DECISION! :Roflmao

16. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who says they weren't on the ark? Why crocodiles and not young T-Rexes?

17. Mathetes66

Mathetes66 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Genesis 7:15 They came to Noah to enter the ark, two by two of every creature with the breath of life. And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the LORD shut him in.

Gen 7:9 The clean and unclean animals, the birds, and everything that crawls along the ground 9came to Noah to enter the ark, two by two, male and female, as God had commanded Noah.

Gen 6:18-20 I will establish My covenant with you, and you will enter the ark—you and your sons and your wife and your sons’ wives with you. 19And you are to bring two of every living creature into the ark— male and female to keep them alive with you. 20Two of every kind of bird and animal and crawling creature will come to you to be kept alive.

Remember, the building of the ark & all these animals coming to Noah had 120 years for this to be accomplished.

Believe Scripture & the power of God, not the speculative questionings & imaginations of humanistic reasoning which only breed argumentation & futile thinking.

I Tim 6:20 O Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to your care. Turn away from godless chatter and the opposing ideas of what is falsely called knowledge,