1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Solos

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by Lori, Dec 22, 2004.

1. delly

delly New Member

I have been singing since I was 7 and the nerves have never gone away. I think it gets worse the older I get. I am introverted and have always struggled to keep my composure. I don't feel nervous until I get to the podium, then I have to hold on sometimes because it feels like my legs will buckle. I pray before hand and try to stay calm, but I am scared out of my wits. Everyone says I have a wonderful voice, but it takes all my willpower to overcome the nerves. I have tried everything and people say that I don't look or sound nervous. If they only knew.

2. Lori

Lori New Member

I just want to thank you all for such wonderful advice and help. I am sorry that it took me so long to reply this time to what I had posted. I was out of town all last week and had no puter access.

I will find ways to keep on practicing and hopefully get better at it. I do good in a choir, I think because I'm hidden. = [​IMG] Hopefully when I get working perm again I can look into getting some voice lessons to help me with the nerves and expand my range.

azwyld
    <*}}}><