1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Some Democrats looking to Destroy 401(k) plans

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Paladin, Oct 23, 2008.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Only if you look at it that way, helping those in need is a biblical principle and something we'll never get around no matter how we twist it.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one argues against helping those in need and such assertions are blatantly false. You know that. Someone simply claiming to be in need is not of itself impressive. and handling needs via the government is poor stewardship which is another biblical principle.

The problems with libs is the only resolution you all have is to throw money at these issues. Money will never bring one issue to an end. It will not solve poverty, or any other social issue. You can take all the money from every tax payer and every corp and it still would not put a dent in the social problems. But you guys just don't get it. Only a regenerated hearts will move any social issue to its demise.

3. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

You have a choice to give to your church or not. You have the ability to decide who you will help and who you will not. You have neither of these when the government takes your money and decides to give it to others even if for a "good cause".

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Actually, I would like to see more jobs. I am a strong believer of giving a man a fish and you give him one meal. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life. I am looking forward to seeing more good jobs in this country which will greatly eliminate the need for social programs and provide a bigger tax base to share the load.

Unfortunately right now we are living in the smoky ruins of jobs that went overseas and greed at the top end of these companies. The help being proposed is needed until we can get America back to work.

5. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I'm sorry, I didn't intend to offend you. I'm not saying that you intend to come across that way, but it seems to me like my comment is a true statement, at least from my point of view.

As far as the OP is concerned, I disagree with the democrats concerning the merging 401(k) plans into social security. It's a bad idea.

#45 dragonfly, Oct 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2008