1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Something better than being Mary, Jesus' Mother

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by blackbird, Oct 29, 2002.

1. Australian Baptist Student

Hi again, Carson.
    On a completely different topic (should I start another thread?) could you explain what excomunication is? My small understanding of it is that it is when you are kicked out of the church, and refused the "sacriments."
    Who can excomunicate someone? Can a bishop?
    Obviousley, you would hope the person repented and was readmitted, but if they dont, would they go to Hell?

Its something that has interested me for some time, but Ive never got round to checking it out.
    Have fun, Colin

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Well, well! After six pages I wasn't able to convince any of you that a disciple of Jesus--in Jesus' eyes are far more valuable to Him then His momma was--and that Jesus loved Mary more for being a disciple of His then for being His momma--and that I am worth more as a disciple than Mary was as a momma--

Go ahead and pray to who you want--but Mary--cry to her with your best prayer--and she ain't gonna hear no more than if my wife is in the next room from me--and we are trying to hear each other--in a whisper!! Mary ain't gonna hear you!! And I don't mean that to be sacreligious--I mean it for the honest to goodness truth!!

Now, I have the Holy Spirit inside of me--and you have a statue of Mary before you!! Which one will do the best job of interceeding for me?? I have God the Holy Spirit inside of me--you have a concrete Mary mother of Jesus before you--I have God--you have a fallable woman--weaker vessel--which one is more reliable to interceed for me?? I'm praying to God Almighty--you are praying to a human being created a little lower than the angels--which one can be counted on the best!!?

Your friend,
    Blackbird