1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Something I read today...

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by MatthewHenry, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MatthewHenry

MatthewHenry New Member

Mom's Translation

Scripture: Ezra 9:5-15

Four Pastors were discussing the merits of the various translations of the Bible. One liked a particular version best because of its simple, beautiful English. Another preferred a more scholarly edition because it was closer to the original Hebrew and Greek. Still Another like a comtemporary version because of it's up-to-date vocabulary.

The Forth Minister was silent for a moment, then said, "I like my Mothers translation best", Suprised, The other three men said they didn't know his mother had translated the Bible. "yes" He replied. "She translated it into life. and it was the most convincing translation I ever saw"

Instead of discussing translation preferences, this pastor reminded them that the most important focus should be the learning of God's Word and doing it. That was the top prority of Ezra's Life. As a Scribe He studied the Law, obeyed it and taught it to the Israelites for example, God Commanded His people not to Intermarry with neighboring nations who served pagan gods, Ezra Confessed the nations sin to God. and corrected the People, who then repented.

Let's fellow Ezra's example by seeking the Word of God and Translating it into life.

The Best Commentary on the Bible is a person who puts it into practice.

Because of Jesus,

MH

2. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

This is exactly the reason I started using a modern translation when I was young--so I could understand and put it into practice. Good point....

3. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

Amen MH!!

I've heard it said: "You may be the only Bible someone ever reads." That's why YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN :D

4. standingfirminChrist

5. DesiderioDomini

DesiderioDomini New Member

Couldnt say it better.

6. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent post!

But I wonder how long it was before someone said, "She done this wrong" or "She didn't do this or that".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.