1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Soteriological doctrine and you...

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by ScottEmerson, Jul 7, 2003.

1. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

I've got a few questions for all of you, since there is a variety of different perspectives here on this board, from liberal to fundamental.

1. If someone asked you what was required to be saved, what would your answer be?

2. What must a person believe to be saved? (This answer may or may not be the same as the question to number 1.)

3. How would you characterize yourself?
    A. Liberal
    B. Moderate
    C. Conservative
    D. Fundamentalist
    E. Other (please specify)

2. ScottEmerson

1. "You must believe that Jesus Christ died for your sins and rose again, and then place him as Lord of your life."

2. If you believe in your heart that Jesus is Lord and He rose from the dead, you are saved. This alone is the foundation of salvation. A person's salvation stands on this and this alone.

3. I am a moderate who leans conservative (although liberals call me conservative and conservatives call me liberal - I believe in the virgin birth, eternal security, the deity of Christ, the inerrancy of the original texts, but I do not believe in the "separation" that fundamentalists follow. I am still not certain about the literal 24-hour day creation. I like praise and worship music better than hymns. Just so I could clarify!)

3. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

But one must believe in the biblical Jesus

2Jo 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

4. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

1. A work of God in the heart of a person whereby that person is converted from being a lost sinner to being a saved disciple of Jesus Christ.

2. The Gospel of Jesus Christ by Faith.

3. Conservative

5. ScottEmerson

The doctrine of Christ mentioned in II John 1:9 refers specifically to believing that Jesus came in the flesh. Nothing more, nothing less.

That said, when you witness to someone, do you tell him all about Christ, clearing up all misconceptions, before you allow him to invite Him into his life?

6. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

1. Believe God. (Acknowledging Jesus as both Lord and Savior)

Matt 16:16...Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God

Acts 8:37...I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Acts 9:20...he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

Acts 20:21...repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

2. Believe God.

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Acts 2:36...that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

3. Christian

It is sad that the devil has hijacked that word so that it no longer commiunicates to someone what is believed. Of the terms listed, I am fundemental in my Christian beliefs.

7. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

The doctrine of Christ mentioned in II John 1:9 refers specifically to believing that Jesus came in the flesh. Nothing more, nothing less.

That said, when you witness to someone, do you tell him all about Christ, clearing up all misconceptions, before you allow him to invite Him into his life? [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]well the apostle paul spoke about another gospel and another jesus, some want to believe in the type of jesus that they want to believe in. the doctrine of Christ would be a biblical Jesus. liberals believe in a liberal type that doesn't resemble the real Christ of the bible.

8. Jeffrey H

Jeffrey H New Member

1. Romans 10:9-13, Ephesians 2:8, John 3:16
    2. Put your faith in Christ alone.
    3. Conservative.

9. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I agree. This is one of the huge problems I have with the WoF cult.

It's generally taught that Christ was a sinful being Who had to suffer in Hell to atone for His own sin before He could atone for ours.

If He wasn't the spotless Lamb of God that the Bible says He is, then how can He be an acceptable sacrifice?