1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Soul-Winning

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by steaver, Aug 12, 2018.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am starting this thread here in this forum for two reasons;
    1) I was reading about it in a "Baptist Only" thread and I am forbidden to respond there.
    2) I believe it is an interesting topic for ALL Christians.
    [Personal attack edited]
    My question would be, how do you know? You plant, you water, you may not see the increase, however, even if there is no increase, the power of God's Word was effective, even if only to condemn those who would not hear by the cold call. "He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day." (John 12:48)"
    The command is to preach, not to determine what works and what does not, we don't always know or see the fruits, that is up to God, It is God Whom works through His Word, in the methods He gives us liberty.

Here is the formula which God gives:

First, God. God will move you to witness as He wants you to witness. It is between you and God. Know His Word, Pray for His leading. To say this or that "does not work" is to disbelieve in God's Sovereignty.

Second, God. Open your mouth and speak the Word of God. "Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God." Sure, let your good works shine before men so they may glorify God. BUT you Must Speak the Word of God for folks to be saved! "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?"
    Pray God to get you over your fear of persecution, in fact, expect persecution and rejoice in it!
    "And to him they agreed: and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go.
    And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name."

Last, God. God will apply His Word to the soils according to His foreknowledge. "For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren."

"I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour. For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building." (1Cor 3:6-9)

In short, witness in any way you feel led to witness and trust God is with you. There isn't any special method in which God has ordained, only that His Word is to be spoken.
    You are obeying God by 1) Planting His seed 2) Watering His seed. And sometimes you will be blessed by seeing God's increase! Ask yourself, how does God want YOU to witness His Word? And then ask God to guide you. It is exciting to watch the many methods in which God has had His children witness to the world. Let us not judge or limit the ways of our Sovereign God.

#1 steaver, Aug 12, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2018
  2. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I talk to ppl, I ask God afterwards to work on them, doing so in accordance to His will. It's not our duty to save ppl, but to remain faithful to the calling and present the gospel to them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1