1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Southwest Drops Plan to Get Rid of Unvaccinated Staff by December Deadline

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Oct 20, 2021.

1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not sure. I have not heard of a push to make vaccines mandatory in a general sense. Governor McMaster is a very conservative Republican who said it should be left up to the businesses (that if they want vaccines as a condition of employment that is their business).

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you check the cemetery, I think you will find it's (hippa) headstone right next to that of "common sense"!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps because there is not a 98% chance of surviving covid. The percentage is based on data used to model pandemic senerios.

Each person's chance of surviving covid depends on characteristics unique to that person as well as the level of infection.

Using the number of confirmed cases and deaths, the researchers reported the “crude case fatality ratio” as 3.67% (95% confidence interval 3.56% to 3.80%).

But the mortality rate increases with other factors. Those over 50 years old are more likely to die with covid. The unvaccinated are 11 times more likely to die than the vaccinated. Those with respiratory diseases are more likely to die than those without.

4. RipponRedeaux

RipponRedeaux Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not believe the hyped up number of deaths attributed to COVID. It was admitted that just about anyone dying in a hospital would have a death certificate stating that the person "died from it." Deaths outside of hospitals were also classified as dying of or with COVID. Car accident fatalities, suicides, gun murders etc. same thing. A number of coroners have followed there conscience and refused to list the cause of death by COVID, here in America and abroad.

I personally know of no one dying of COVID although I know of a number who had it and are now doing well, even people in their late 70s up to mid 80s.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don’t believe them either

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know. Like I said before, people will often believe what they want to believe. You can't expect a flat-earther to accept that the earth is not flat. They have rejected the conventional for the unconventional.

This is actually to be expected. We live in a culture that was born out of rebellion. We also look to the counter-culture as sort of a norm (which is kinda ironic).

7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Truth is a funny thing. It does not change based on our acceptance or rejection of facts. It's kinda like a brick wall. You can deny it is there, but your denial is inconsequential to its existence.

8. RipponRedeaux

RipponRedeaux Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree.

• Winner Winner x 1