1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sovereignty of God in Salvation

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by OldRegular, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

more apostles?

1 THES 1

2 We give thanks to God always for you all, constantly mentioning you in our prayers, 3 remembering before our God and Father your work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ. 4 For we know, brethren beloved by God, that he has chosen you; 5 for our gospel came to you not only in word, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction.

2. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

a lady apostle..
    2 John
    The elder to the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth, and not only I but also all who know the truth, 2 because of the truth which abides in us and will be with us for ever: 3 Grace, mercy, and peace will be with us, from God the Father and from Jesus Christ the Father's Son, in truth and love.

3. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

matt 11: 27

in this view...no one can be saved..but the apostles. so...if this is ture..then yes eph 1 is just as wes says.

27 All things have been delivered to me by my Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and any one to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

The Apostles were first generation believers, the Ephesians were 2nd generation believers. What does that make the 3000 believers at Pentecost? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

5. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Second generation believers! Based upon the truth that they heard the word of God and believed, from first generation believers.

6. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

many more verse like these...but that is enough to make you wonder

have you found the verse on the church being the elect yet wes? it is in there...and i posted it before.

i need to stop this now.

i only show how easy it is to poke holes in doctrine.

this is what we hear most of the time from wes. but when you post your views...that is placing something out there for others to review.

election still stands as found in the bible...not to just the apostles...
    apply every verse..you will see it means much more

sorry wes

i'll back off now

7. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Aw shucks KJ, I don't know! Could be I like you better!

8. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Ya know James, it seems to me that I am the only one posting my true convictions. The rest of you post your "out of context scriptures", without expressing your own internal personal convictions.

It is as if you are hiding behind your mothers apron, taking refuge from that which you fear the most, exposing your own self to the ridicule of others.

That comes across as you not having any personal convictions on the subject.

9. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Ya know James, it seems to me that I am the only one posting my true convictions. The rest of you post your "out of context scriptures", without expressing your own internal personal convictions.

It is as if you are hiding behind your mothers apron, taking refuge from that which you fear the most, exposing your own self to the ridicule of others.

That comes across as you not having any personal convictions on the subject.
    </font>[/QUOTE]my personal convictions has always been....

election means election. and is applied to the ones address in the passage. when it says church..it means church. when it says lady...it means lady. when it says US...it means US. i change nothing

you hold one passage and even if you see this as a strong statement of doctrine..and i must add..most do not agree with you....but even so...you must take the whole bible and bring forth a true statement of faith...not just on one passage.

other passages claim election is not only the apostles. now this is my personal convictions.
    other passages say election is not all jews..as you claim
    more then just jews... this is my personal conviction.

grace means grace...just as the bible says...just as the greek word means....this is my personal conviction.

men can not come to God and leave on their own freewill. this is what freewill means...this is not in the bible...and this is my personal conviction based on the bible.

if you bind mans will in anyway..it is not free. if you do not bind it in any way...this is the same as Gods will...for then man can do anything....this is my personal conviction

have i not posted my views? i mean..like close to 100 pages...it has to be the longest post on here. i post was in 4 parts...18 pages in MS word. then there are tons of other post..my views.

did you not read these? you sure attached them...called me names ...suggested i was unsaved ...said i had not a clue...then you said i had understand...in the same line.

yes..i think you read some of them. or is this just another trick to not answer the verse posted????

and yet...another name...momas boy

ok...that i can take too.....kinda soft words for you.
    i guess that is better then moron.

hey...i'm moving up in the world

in christ..mini jimmy

10. here now

here now Member

JAuthor001,
    You have done a great job on BB in posting your convictions. I have seen and read them. And so far I agree with your posts.

[​IMG]

11. rc

rc New Member

Hopefully one day you will stand firm on the truth and not confess erroneous convictions.

12. here now

here now Member

To whom is this addressed?

13. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

But you never say what grace is or how grace does what you claim it does. You only post Ephesians 2:8 or portions thereof.

So you obviously hold no conviction as to what grace is or how it does what it does. That is equivalent to Nicodemus not knowing of rebirth of man in his spirit. You see, he did not understand the principle or the basic concept of "born again". That is why Jesus chided him. A teacher in the land and he did not know!

14. OldRegular

Does anyone really know what Wes believes about anything?

15. OCC

OCC Guest

Aw shucks KJ, I don't know! Could be I like you better! </font>[/QUOTE]LOL shout it from the rooftops brother. [​IMG]

16. rc

rc New Member

Ha ha ha ha... See Wes? I'm making my point over and over and over again....

Ask Wes Here Now... He knows who the pronoun is referring to without even a subject!

See Wes. I didn't ADDRESS anybody? Thus the pronoun is HANGING. It has to REFER to someone that has been ADDRESSED in the text?

That's why people ask me whom I am addressing!
    Paul ADDRESSED the Ephesians. Thus the 1st person plural REFERS to them. The ONLY way the pronouns would refer to someone else is IF Paul mentioned the Apostles and the pronouns came immediately AFTER he mentioned them.

17. OldRegular

Now back to election and the Sovereignty of God in Salvation.

18. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Ephesians 1:1-6
    1. Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus: Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. (end of introduction to the audience)

(Begin introduction of Topic) 3-12 condensed version
    Were the Ephesians Chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world? Do you remember Peter's vision of the sheets full of "unclean things"? What was the biblical reason given for that vision?
    Who did Jesus declare to be his brothers? I can name them!
    Are the Ephesians at this point knowledgeable about the mystery of God's will? If yes, why is Paul writing to convey that information to them?
    And just who might be the first to trust in Christ? I can name them!

19. yeshua4me2

yeshua4me2 New Member

How was God Elect in everyone's salvation?

20. OldRegular

WES! WES! WES!

1. You ask:
    All who are saved are chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world, that includes Paul and the Ephesians.

2. You say:
    I must say you are brilliant Wes since Jesus Christ declares that those who are His brothers are:
    How many years do you think it will take you? I am getting old so may not be around when you finish. Do you plan to post the names on this Forum? You will have to get the 20 page limit changed I believe.

3. You ask:
    The Apostle Paul spent two years teaching in Ephesus [Acts 19:1-12]. His letter to the Church at Ephesus was written from Rome, some years after his ministry at Ephesus. Most of the letters Paul wrote were to Churches he has established or visited except his letter to the Church at Rome was written prior to his visit.

4. You asked:
    Are you ashamed to indicate what translation of Scripture you are using? Even in your version Paul identifies himself with those who first trusted in Jesus Christ. You say these are the Apostles. If this were true there would be more than 3000 Apostles since we know that at least 3000 were saved before Paul.

Please name these 3000+ who first trusted in Jesus Christ.