1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Speaking of the Constitution

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by TexasSky, Jun 27, 2005.

1. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Regarding: Skitzophrenic rulings.

The display that was not allowed was a framed version, inside the courthouse and was presented with a prayer and a sermon by a Minister.

The diplay here in Texas is a large statue that stands outside the courthouse and sits among other displays of historical monuments.

So, basically the court ruled that "You can present it as a history lesson, not as a faith message."

2. OCC

OCC Guest

TexasSky, thanks for your reply. In a lot of things you said, I agree with you. But that is just the way things are going to be. You can't expect the lost to not act like "the lost".

As for all the things you said you can't do...I don't buy that. Daniel didn't cry about what he can't do...he did it anyways!

I don't intend to be mean but back when you were young, the world was just as bad as it is today was it not? Sure maybe society was polite on the outside (white washed tombs?), but who knows what went on behind closed doors? I have some knowledge of things that went on behind closed doors back then and it's not "the good old days" I will tell you that much.

I don't know how old you are but I'm guessing there were three, at least two major wars when you were younger. That don't sound like the good old days to me either.

3. OCC

OCC Guest

"By the time my son is grown, I expect that he will have to hide in someone else's in the dark of night, and read the bible by candlelight in order to avoid being put into a concentration camp like citizens of China do because Christians always say, "Its just a little thing."

You may be right. I suspect that either conservatives OR liberals could be the politicians to bring this about. Could be either one...

4. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

King James:

You missed the main point of my rant. ;)

You wrote: "But that is just the way things are going to be. You can't expect the lost to not act like "the lost".

The majority of Americans, according to the most recent census, claim to be Christian. The people voting, the people making the laws of our land, the people allowing this country to become the drug-infested, homosexual promoting, abortion advocating, pedophile protecting society it is becoming claim to be Christian.

5. OCC

OCC Guest

"The majority of Americans, according to the most recent census, claim to be Christian. The people voting, the people making the laws of our land, the people allowing this country to become the drug-infested, homosexual promoting, abortion advocating, pedophile protecting society it is becoming claim to be Christian."

And you are frustrated because you BELIEVE them.

6. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Remember..."Christian" entails everything from the United Church of Christ to the Southern Baptist Convention. I'd say that MANY of those who claim to be Christians are lost. KJ does have point.

7. OCC

OCC Guest

Thanks Stefan. [​IMG]

It's nice to know that someone finally acknowledges that about me.

8. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

King James,

I am frustrated because a lot of people who really are Christians don't do anything.

9. OCC

OCC Guest

But what can they do? They can't "make" everyone act like Christians. If the world doesn't want prayer in schools it don't matter how many Christians feel otherwise. And according to the Constitution wouldn't everyone have the right to their specific prayers being allowed in schools if Christian kids have theirs?

That's why I and many Christians don't believe schools are the place for prayer. I'm not going to argue with anyone and I'm not going to apologize. It's just how I feel.

By the way, your work is commendable. It is being salt and light. However, the results are up to God. He rewards you on your faithfulness, not on what happens.

10. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

But what can they do?

Vote.
    Stand up in meetings and speak out.
    Support men of God for higher office.
    Support men of God for the courts.

Stand up when men of God are persecuted.

As to school prayer - when they said, "Voluntary prayer is off limits," they crossed the line.
    Either they must stop teaching any moral values, and make no mistake about it, they must allow Christians back into schools or stop passing off non-Christian values as "okay morals to teach."

When my daughter was in high school she was told that the class was to write a paper on any religion in the world, except Christianity.

Those of us who are Christian parents were at the school before the bell rang that night, demanding an explanation.

Needless to say, there were reports on Christ by the time the reports were turned in.

When my son's friend wanted to read a scripture on the announcements he was told no. However, he noticed that they were quoting the Quran. The reason? The bible is religious, the Quran, they said, was historical. We were all back at the school again.

When they took away a bible from a student, telling her they weren't allowed in public schools - we were back at the schools again.

I know you mean well, but the implication that since you can't win every battle you should just give them all up is what got us in this mess to begin with.

They aren't even being fair and honest to children anymore.

They are teaching children that "safe" sex is premarital sex with a condom. Failure rates of condom use are usually based on pregnacies. Conception is only possible during a short time each month. HIV can be transmitted 24/7.

In Austrailia 554 men who visited clinics for STD's were asked to participate in surveys. Of those, 402 reported 13,691 uses of condoms. These men reported it broke 7.3% of the time, and that it slipped off 4.4% of the time. In other words, it broke 999 times, and slipped off 602 times. BUT - they are teaching our kids that condoms are "safe" and will keep them from getting aids.

Are you willing to bet your life or your child's life on that kind of failure rate?

I always hear the argument, "Well, you don't want them teaching your child someone else's morals, so you shouldn't expect them to listen to yours." They ARE teaching my child someone else's morals.

There is a thread on this board about the books on Wicca being displayed at the library. When was the last time the featured display was the Bible?

11. OCC

OCC Guest

TS, thanks for your post. I see where you are coming from. Yes I do mean well.

As for voluntary prayer being off limits, I would agree. That is wrong. Nobody but nobody should be able to tell someone they can't say their own prayer. I was just saying there should be no "official" prayers said over the PA system or by the teacher or something.

And as for schools teaching kids morals I don't want them teaching anything to do with any moral system or religious beliefs whatsoever. I want that stuff totally kept out of schools. Church and the home is where kids should learn morals.

I hope you understand my point now. I'm not for everything else and against Christianity in schools, etc. I'm against everything in schools but reading and writing and math and gym class.

12. OCC

OCC Guest

"When I was young, no one would have dared form a group that publically advocated the rights of adult men to have sex with young males, but there was a group that was actually advocating on the internet and in the courts."

TS I forgot to comment on this statement. There may not have been people advocating that publicly but they still did it. And I believe in ancient Greece, etc. they did do it publicly. Just so you know though, I find it sick.