1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Special Thank You!!

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by steaver, Feb 26, 2015.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Really brother? Did you read his post? It was exactly what he said, "we will ALWAYS choose eternity in hell". What is wrong with you people??

2. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Oh good grief!!!

Do you guys even know what you are saying when you begin typing???????????????????

Now, did they choose hell, or did God choose it for them??

3. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I showed brother Reform his contradiction, which he could have simply stepped back and said your right I should not say that, but instead he didn't want to deal with it. Hey, we all make mistakes at times and need to correct something said. To often pride gets in the way of taking constructive criticism.

So I asked, why did the tool fail? Was it not made well by God?

It was made just fine by God, however, there is this thing called God given freewill in which people have the ability to listen and learn or rebel and suffer the consequences.

When God finished creation He said it was "very good". God made it just fine, perfect in fact. And in that Creation God implemented choice, and in order to have a freedom of choice there must be a real choice to be had. Enter satan..........

There is a difference of opinion on this from Calvinist here on the BB. As I said, I believe Icon and Reform both have stated God hates the person until the person is regenerated.

4. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rip, yer funny, my rhetorical friend. But you don’t even seem to realize that your first response regarding my claim, “As expected, Calvinists/Determinists do not seem interested in rational and ethical debate, and/or they simply don't understand the principles of critical thinking skills.” began with a direct rhetorical personal attack which clearly demonstrates the aforementioned ignorance concerning a lack of structured debate here. Then you follow by your second response - a totally off topic, red herring fallacy supplemented by what you apparently hope is a “good attempt” at another fallacy of “poisoning the well”. So Rip, you merely unwittingly proved my point with your fallacious examples that you, “simply don't understand the principles of critical thinking skills” concerning having a debate with some basic logical principles. [​IMG]

Now Rip, this tactic of yours to set up a scenario where you start squealing the distress call, like a pig stuck in the mud, by claiming someone has alluded to the conveniently and often biasedly used dreaded charge here of heresy toward one of your heroes, say “Calvin” for instance[​IMG], is getting old. Especially, in light of your hypocrisy regarding your supposed entitlement to straight out call John Wesley a heretic on this board. DO we really go down these roads and play these games every time in order to support an unrelated claim??? BTW, that’s a rhetorical question, as shown above you’ve already helped me demonstrate my point and to draw out the truth on this matter of my claim in this thread.

As a matter of fact, my growth in the area of drawing out the truth from within people’s claims through defining and using logical principles of reason has proved to be quite beneficial, at least for those who are interested in the truth. A while back I was talking to the leader of a Bible study group who were going down the road of Calvinism’s philosophical musings of the TULIP. As commonly takes place by those being introduced into owning a soteriological position they were enthusiastically falling for it hook, line and sinker, but my logical warnings to him of the theological fatalism of Hard Determinism/Hyper Calvinism views ended up getting relayed to his class. The result was that all 7 of them turned away from and rejected the “Doctrines of Preselected Deterministic Grace” AKA Calvinism. There have also been several individual cases where I have used constructive philosophical reasoning to reveal the truth concerning the Doctrines of Determinism. So yes, I would say I am finding receptive audiences due to my continued study and commitment of logically cutting through and exposing the common meaningless rhetorical arguments given by Calvinists.

…But I must admit it is easier when a person is actually more interested in drawing out the truth in a debate rather than merely senselessly arguing and that seems to be a rarity as far as those who typically try to push Calvinistic agendas on the internet.

It not too late though Rip, remember, “Whatever you practice you get better at.” For instance anytime you’d like to address this thread concerning a common fallacy (weasel words), started a while back in your honor, it will be waiting. Really! You might learn something about basic logic and critical thinking skills. Maybe then we could see who would like to retract what without all the rhetorical fallacious nonsense you’ve grown so accustomed to relying on around here. [​IMG]

I try.

Well, thank you.

#24 Benjamin, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2015
  5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea....the guy has had an agenda from the very beginning ....that's what I mean by rebellion. Denying the doctrine of total inibility and downplaying the doctrine of origional sin & insisting on a universal atonement. Bottom line here is that these types insist on preserving a place for human agency in the process of salvation. Well I beg to differ....see from my prospective, when divine sovereignty is pushed aside to make way for human ability, a theological dislocation occurs and this guy is a perfect example of it. So Iconoclastic & Willis, you guys should just give it up....either he will come around or he wont. Thats his choice.

Me....I gotta church to find or plant in my community. I have little time for this guy. Bless youse for trying though.

6. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    WHAT???? You mean I have a CHOICE????? :thumbs:

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here yes....belief no.:tongue3:

8. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And on and on you go for ages. You have not learned to be concise at all. But I had such high hopes for you. You keep getting lost in the weeds.

Why can't you simply answer direct questions with direct answers?

The teachings of Arnold Murray are still pretty solid in your eyes compared to Calvinists --which you refer to as hard determinists and hyper-Calvinists.

Nope, you have not changed -- such a pity.

9. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    another post...carnal speculations, debate fallacy this and red herring that, but once again...no scripture at all:thumbs: