1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Speeders in Work zones

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, Apr 20, 2023.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    New York State police will be dressed as Construction workers to
    to catch speeders, especially in work zones.

So what are your thoughts about the Troopers dressed as construction workers?

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. Centrist

Centrist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In both Utah and Colorado it's not needed as the state DOT employees actually have the authority to stop & even arrest someone doing that.

3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Typical State attempt to intimidate their population into submission...while squandering our tax dollars

Route 80 in Pennsylvania is a free east-west alternative to our more southern State toll road.
    We have gotten used to road construction delays...they want to force us to use the toll roads.
    Lanes are consistently blocked for long stretches with signs indicating construction taking place - but I've rarely seen anyone actually working.
    And the construction signs remain up for months after work is finally completed.

The problem is not necessarily that people are speeding through areas where construction and endangering workers (workers are not there most of the time!)
    The problem is that we have gotten so used to the needless and forgotten signs that we have learned to ignore them.

Rather than post State Troupers mascaraing as workers the state should develop a dependable system to let us know exactly when workers will be present.

Rob

#3 Deacon, Apr 23, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think they should go out in teams of 6.

One wearing his police uniform, one as a construction worker, one as a cowboy, one as an Indian (native American), one as a biker and one as a sailor.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My brother is a state trooper in that general area. I like how those states do policing.

He told me that on his first day there the big-whig of the State Troopers for his state came into his class and one of the big-whig's first comments was that they are there to protect people from bad guys, not to protect people from themselves.

If it's a deserted highway and some guy is going 20mph over, while keeping lane control and using turn signals, then he told them not to pull them over. They target the drunk drivers, smugglers, drug runners, and unsafe drivers as cops should.

Vastly different from how the state troopers in our home-state of NC do business. Nobody likes our state troopers because of their dumb policies of pulling people over in the middle of nowhere for not abiding by the unposted speed limit.

6. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They need to break into a dance routine too in order for me to approve :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    They need to break dance for me to approve. :Wink

8. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone who heeds Romans 13 should have no difficulty with that.

• Winner Winner x 1