1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Speeding

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by J. Jump, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I do kid around some Claudia. :)

2. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

just kidding Bob, of course

3. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I never blatantly disobey laws. I travel at about the average truck speed, and that average is pretty consistant. That is the safest way.

Feel free to judge me but you'd better obey speed limits as posted. If not, live at your own peril, for how you judge me, you shall be judged.

4. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Then, while not illegal, you are dangerous. And your statement testifies you are proud that you are dangerous. sad. I hope you don't hear what many many of the truckers are saying about you on the CB as they are forced to pass.

#184 hillclimber1, Jan 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2007
  5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Not sure but think it may be illegal in the fast lane but anyway, someone going 10 mile under speed limit probably cause as many wrecks as a drunk driver for every one is trying to pass them and take chances to try and get around someone like that and meet someone head on.

I have known of people who were pulled over by the police and told to pick it up a little, that their slow driving was causing a hazard to others.

Moving Violations

Moving violations include those traffic infractions that occur when a vehicle is in motion. Examples include:
    • Driving too fast or too slow
    • Ignoring or failing to notice road signs and changes in traffic lights
    • Not using your turn signals or failing to notice another driver's turn signals
    • Driving too close to other vehicles
    • Failing to correctly pass or attempting to prevent another driver from passing you

#185 Brother Bob, Jan 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2007
  6. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

I'm not sure what that means, so I'll reserve comment :)

So are you hardened or do you not have the Spirit, because you said the Spirit is not convicting you are speeding?

Hillclimber I'm having a hard time understanding how you can say this as a true statement when on this very thread you said you purposely disobey the speed limits that are posted??

That may or may not be true. I'm not a truck driver so I don't know. However I know that if your average truck speed is over the posted speed limit your average speed is illegal and in violation of the law.

How is it dangerous to drive 5-10 miles under the speed limit? It seems to be logical that if it were dangerous to drive 5-10 miles under the speed limit that the minimum speed limit would be 20-25 miles below the maximum speed limit.

Maybe if they were going the speed limit . . . :)

Kidding aside I am mindful as much as possible of trucks that are on the road. My in-laws actuall have a couple of trucks and haul grain, so while I drive the speed limit I try to get out of the way as much as possible so trucks don't have to pass me.

7. rbell

rbell Active Member

I wasn't trying to be judgemental...I was asking for an explanation. Sorry you took it that way.

And yes, I drive the speed limit. Have for years. What you do is between you and the Lord. :thumbsup:

8. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Well thank you. You seem to be the only one not condemning me. And I average no more than53 MPH in any 11 hour period.

9. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Hillclimber no one is condeming you, just asking how you can make some of the statements that you make in light of some of the other statements that you make, because they don't add up.

10. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Don't add up in your view. I don't view speed limits as you may, I go more by basic rule, which says drive as conditions dictate. If I viewed driving 56 in a 55MPH zone, as sin, I wouldn't do it. And one more point. If I drove at posted speed limits always, I'd have difficulty satisfying my employers wishes. I would have zero time to get out and properly stretch my legs. But you legalists have a nice day.

11. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Hillclimber it doesn't have anything to do with my view. You posted two statements that are totally 180 from each other. You said I don't deliberately disobey the law in one statement and then in another statement said you don't obey speed limits. That not my view, that's your statements and they don't add up.

You can't say you don't break the law in one breath and then say you break the law in the next.

Sorry, but the law says that there is a limit not a basic rule. Again this doesn't have anything to do with how I view speed limits. It's cut and dry. If the speed limit is 65 and I'm going 66 I'm breaking the law. There is no other way to view it.

Scripture tells us to obey the laws of the government this is placed over us unless they contradict Scripture. That's not my view, that's just the plain reading of Scripture. If I speed I am violating Scripture whether I want to agree with it or not. That doesn't make a hill of beans.

For example I had to eat some of my own medicine a couple of days ago. We moved within the state of Texas four years ago and I never bothered to get a new driver's license with my current address on it. So I was breaking the law. I went and got that taken care of because while to me it is kinda of a silly requirement (although I somewhat see the purpose) it makes no difference. It's the law, and I'm to obey it.

Then will all due respect maybe you should go into business for yourself or find an employer that doesn't ask you to break the law to meet their needs.

Another false accusation on your part, and you didn't answer my question. Can you please tell me how it is legalism to do what God has commanded one to do? How is that legalism? I'm looking forward to your answer.

12. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Sounds real good but I am sure glad it doesn’t mean me. I’m not under the law. I am under grace. :godisgood:

13. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

HP grace does not give one permission to break the law. Paul clearly tells us that in Romans. We are to be blameless not perfect. But breaking the law with no confession will leave one with blame when they stand before The Judge on that day.