1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spending Time with God

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by David M Darling, May 4, 2021.

1. David M Darling

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hey, what is your favorite place to go and spend time with God? I love to drive over to my church and pray in the pavilion in the back yard! We also have a prayer garden inside and I love to pray in there, I prefer to go to both places late at night when nobody is there, it is so nice and peaceful! I am a night person, I always spend my time with God at night!

2. Paul from Antioch

Paul from Antioch Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    While I personally don't have "a favorite place to which I go," many people DO. I'm glad for their wanting to get away & be alone with God, though. Sometimes we all have to be like Jacob & wrestle till God sends His answer to our needs....I'm seemingly just about always "Standing in the Need of Prayer." What a comfort to know that Jesus invites us to, "Come unto Me, you who are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I was younger, and more fit, I loved to hike in mountains, and among Giant Redwoods. I can remember once I laid down on a large granite rock, next to a flowing stream, and pondered the 23 Psalm. So for me, places that put God's majesty upon my mind, are my favorite places to commune with God.

4. Hannahande

Hannahande Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I was young, I usually go to this place because its solemn. Though, as I grow up, I realized that I don't need to go there just to pray. Now, I usually spend time during night in my bedroom and it still feels good.