1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

spin-off from "Route to Calvinism"

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Isaiah40:28, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Just pointing out the obvious, John...like those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...
    Not like you webdog a? (Johnp)

2. johnp.

johnp. New Member

webdog.

Job 2:21 ..."Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised." 22 In all this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing.

Job has just had his property stolen and his family and servants killed and he says it was the Lord's doing but he is not like you is he webdog? You do not believe God determines man's sins. So Job is not like you is a factual statement and has nothing to do with me smearing you or others has it?

That was what your reply to the Op. Why you bothered is a question.

Why the smear, if it is a smear, it certainly comes from you as a smear? As I said, I'd rather be one of those believing God's Sovereignty but it isn't true. No explanation is offered no evidence produced to show anyone that I'm an hyper-Calvinist but two scriptures. From post #33 the evidence you bring are two scriptures. haha! Anyone believing those are hyper-Calvinists. :) Cool.

At least I try to answer all points made to me Not like you webdog a? (Johnp)

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Where in this text does it say the Lord did these wrongdoings? It states plainly Job did not sin by CHARGING God with these things. You on the other hand DO charge God with these things, and according to Scripture...this Scripture...that is a sin.

4. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Job 2:21 ..."Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised." 22 In all this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing.

john.

5. johnp.

johnp. New Member

See what I mean? In all this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing. Like you have just done webdog.

john.

6. johnp.

johnp. New Member

You err. Job did not sin by charging God with wrong doing as you have done but he believed God did it.

JOB 9:23 When a scourge brings sudden death, he mocks the despair of the innocent. 24 When a land falls into the hands of the wicked, he blindfolds its judges. If it is not he, then who is it?

I charge God with nothing as He cannot be charged.

RO 9:19 One of you will say to me: "Then why does God still blame us? For who resists his will?" 20 But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? "Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, `Why did you make me like this?' " 21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?
    RO 9:22 What if God, choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath--prepared for destruction? 23 What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory--

Where is your evidence that I'm hyper again? Nowhere to be seen. :)

john.

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I didn't charge God with anything. I'm not the one who believes God is the author of sin...remember?

8. Isaiah40:28

Isaiah40:28 New Member

No problem.

9. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

ad hominems? Webdog? :)

Boy have I got some quotes to show you.. :)

10. Isaiah40:28

Isaiah40:28 New Member

What are your comments on that verse, Proverbs 16:9?
    What does God determine?
    So you would say that having God be the first cause of everything is making Him the author of sin? And you also consider that to be a hyper-Calvinist view?
    Am I understanding your position right?
    johnp says he's not a hyper-calvinist
    are there any others on here that you think are hyper-calvinists?
    what else defines a hyper-Calvinist?

11. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Saying God is the author of sin, is not hyper as webdog claims. I'm a 5 point calvinist, that does not hold to God being author of sin, yet I also know this does not make a person hyper-Calvinist.

Yet it can be said that all hyper-Calvinist do hold to this view.

But I'm sure you know this "Isaiah40:28".

BTW..welcome to Baptist Board.

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Then what is it, just plain old heresy?

13. johnp.

johnp. New Member

You make me feel as if I'm normal man. :)

Nice to see you James. :) I suppose I shouldn't misquote you on purpose.

Yes I know but what can we do about it, God is in a majority of One. Rom 11:32 For God has bound all men over to disobedience...

I'm sure we are all interested in your opinion but there are some who think God should have His say as well regardless of His unorthodoxy. :) Why don't you answer scripture with scripture instead of blunting things with opinions webdog? You have had a rough ride today, I shall pray for you.

john.

14. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Read all of what was said not just pieces.

i agreee with all the scriptures that you gave, but one day you will understand, Jesus is the only one who can save us from that fate.

1 Timothy 4:10
    (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.

#54 psalms109:31, Mar 17, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2007
  15. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

It may become clearer to your understanding, if you did not lable all doctrine you do not hold to, as heresy. Maybe then you would not lable Calvinist as Hyper-Calvinist, when you have been told 100s of time before this is not what the word means.

You have just conclude something on the basis of little evidence or reasoning and lack of understand what the phrase means, that those that do not believe as you are a bunch of heretics. A bit arrogant.

16. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

I just wanted to post this, so that I could bold one line above. :)

17. johnp.

johnp. New Member

1 Timothy 4:10
    (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe. (psalms)

1PE 2:7 Now to you who believe, this stone is precious. But to those who do not believe, "The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone, "
    1PE 2:8 and,
    "A stone that causes men to stumble
    and a rock that makes them fall."
    They stumble because they disobey the message--which is also what they were destined for.

john.

18. psalms109:31

Jesus

Since Jesus is the only one who can save us.

Quite focusing on a dead body and focus on Jesus.

You can trust in Jesus, but you cannot trust in the flesh. Don't let men say you can't trust in Jesus.

At the cross God gives men two paths. To walk away from Jesus and have death, or trust in Jesus for life.

19. psalms109:31

6For in Scripture it says:
    "See, I lay a stone in Zion,
    a chosen and precious cornerstone,
    and the one who trusts in him
    will never be put to shame."

That is why they were destined to not believe the message, because they did not trust the Lord.

Gentlemen trust and the Lord will direct your path.

That is why the stuburn stiff knecked men of Moses did not believe the message, because they did not tust God.

Zephaniah 3:2
    She obeys no one, she accepts no correction. She does not trust in the LORD, she does not draw near to her God.

Your work is not to believe that is the work of God that you believe the message.

You are just to trust in Jesus and He will direct your path.

20. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ps. you don't have a way with words . Sometimes you quote Scripture , sometimes you paraphrase verses . Usually you present false choices . Nearly always your grammar and spelling is poor . You want to sound epigramic -- but you come off as writing fortune-cookie sayings . Can't you please be more clear in your posts ? I , for one , am often left scratching my head at some of your posts .

By the way , what are some other Psalms that you appreciate ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.