1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spirit filled and (en)richly blessed!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Aug 20, 2019.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I received the baptism of the Holy Ghost in 1976 at Melody-land Christian Fellowship of Anaheim, and never once have I looked back with regret or shame! Granted, the infilling of ones life with the presence, power and gifts of the Holy Ghost is an individual gift, and it is without a doubt a personal thing that can't be forced upon or argued upon another''s will.The baptism of the Holy Ghost must be as individually received as the gift of salvation itself. And like being saved, it can only come about in one's heart and life when the flesh and spirit are willing and wanting to receive for it to happen.

I see the Holy Ghost as a gentleman, not wanting to enter where he is not freely wanted, needed and received.

I have never looked back and wished I hadn't received the gift, NOR have I ever once questioned the power and presence of His being within me and what His presence and power has done to enhance my life, and empower my ability to speak, walk. and live a life that as a spirit filled believer, makes a difference in the way I share the Gospel message with others!

Furthermore, I have never looked down my nose ate fellow believers who have yet to revceive His empowering presence. The presence of the Holy Ghost within me does not make me or set me apart or better off then a fellow believer who has yet to open their life and heart to the empowering presence of the Holy Ghost in one's life. I merely stand as an example of what His presence and power can do within us, but, His gift has not come with bragging rights, or superficial acknowledgements! Instead, It has kept me humble and willing to be available when called upon to move in the gifts that come with the infilling power that in itself are used to help spread the Word of God to a lost world.

The infilling power of the Holy Ghost has not made me a spiritual snob or worse yet, a spiritual bore. It has merely equipped me better explain and share His love for the lost. Shalom!

I am sure this testimony will draw tons of criticism, which is a shame, because I shared this not to be a braggart, but to show all that know me, that over the years, I have never demonstrated a haughtiness of lofty spirit. I am no better or no worse for this gift than those without the gift. I just wanted to share, so that others, like me, may come out in the open and acknowledge the gift for what it is. One more blessing in a bag of many blessings waiting to be given and used to share the principles and glory of the Kingdom on earth through Having Christ with n us!