1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SPIRIT, SOUL AND BODY

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Pipiripi, Jul 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, distinct, NOT separated, Romans 8:9, Romans 8:16, John 4:24, John 14:16, John 16:7-11. Jesus explicitly speaks of the Holy Spirit as another person.

2. Pipiripi

Pipiripi Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hi Alex.
    Remember now that Jesus is not Spirit anymore. Everything that you have say is true, but Jesus have a body now.

3. Pipiripi

Pipiripi Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Remember when God created man out of the ground, Genesis 2:7, "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." The human spirit is our breatn of life and the soul our person making up the non-physcial part of man. Our body being the physical part. Christians typically hold one of two view regarding the makeup of man. 1) That man is body soul and spirit (1 Thessaloinians 5:23). 2) That man made of of body and spirit-soul being two parts. The physical and non-physical.
    Both views are held by Christians and have Biblical basis.

5. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. They, God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ who is the eternal Son of God are one and the same Spirit with the Holy Spirit. John 4:24. Romans 8:9, Romans 8:16. So they are never not with each other. Because of the Son who is the Word/Logos (John 1:2), only changed how He was with His Father. They are distinct as Persons and One as God (Deuteronomy 6:4).

#25 37818, Aug 7, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  6. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you have three persons in your arguement, Jesus, His Father and Him (the Holy Spirit). They are distinct in being Persons but are the one and the same Spirit (John 4:24) being the one and the same God (Deuteromy 6:4).

7. Pipiripi

Pipiripi Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    My friends soul and body are the same thing. The spirit in us belong to God. And when we die it goes back where it comes from. By resurrection it comes back into our nostrils. So simple truth.

8. Alex2165

Alex2165 Active Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    To 37818.

You did not answer any of my three questions in Post number 20.

You keep presenting your own opinions, and even your quotes do not much the theme of conversation or question.

I suspect that you on this forum just for the purpose to argue with someone, and you exchange your arguments just for the purpose to argue with someone, displaying shortness of thought, knowledge, and understanding.

I encounter quite many people of such type on other Christian forums, who locking process of thought and any adequate logic and reasoning, they always opposing everybody and everything.

Conversation with such people is the waste of time.

9. Pipiripi

Pipiripi Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    My friend it is the same everywhere.
    Spirit in man is God Spirit that He have put in you and you have became a living SOUL. SOUL IS YOUR BODY. I have answered all your questions, but even the Bible cannot convince you, what more can I say!! For me I am just like God says in Ezekiel 37:1-14. Exactly how God self has teach me. God bless.

10. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem with your viewpoint is where is the mediator?... The mediator is the man Christ Jesus who sits on the right hand of God making intercession for us... Man is a three fold creature and God made him that way because God has a three fold nature... God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost... You seem to forget that Jesus said if I go not away the Spirit will not come, but if I go away I will send him to you... Jesus Christ wouldn't lie and say he was coming, if he said another one was coming instead of him... The third person in the Godhead... Three got together in counsel to make us... Let us make man in our image, as three also got in counsel to save us... God is not a duality he is a trinity... Don't bother explaining the comforter, how can you, when you don't even believe in the Triune Godhead... And brethren I'm done here... Brother Glen:)

#30 tyndale1946, Aug 8, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  11. Pipiripi

Pipiripi Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Why you are done? Because you know that you cannot answered my questions.
    Where in the Bible I can read: God Holy Spirit? All over the Bible we can read God's Holy Spirit or the Spirit OF God. The Holy Spirit is something in God, not another being. It is God breath His life. And so Jesus have the same Holy Spirit as His Father. It is theirs breath/brain - life. It is God's POWER. Bible says Stephen was full with THE POWER of the Holy Spirit. Acts 6:8. Are you saying that Stephen was full with an other being in him? If you have an other being in you is okay. But I have Jesus in me, by HIS Holy Spirit. Not another being that I don't know who it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.