1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Spiritual Crisis

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by IdahoSpudster, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

God speaks to us through His word, not dreams or visions. We cannot trust our own minds on these things (especially when on certain meds), but we can trust the Bible.

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

Sure, medication can affect your sleep and dreams. You probably need to talk to your doctor about these symptoms.

If possible, try to maintain healthy eating and sleeping habits. Get up early if possible, eat good healthy meals with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, and try to go to bed the same time every night. Try to get at least 6-8 hours sleep if possible. If you develop good eating and sleeping habits you will probably feel much better. When we are tired and exhausted it can cause irritability and confusion of mind.

3. JohnnyReb

JohnnyReb New Member

Amy.G and Winman Amen Amen. Spot on

4. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is not much we agree on, but this advice is excellent. I too am a big advocate of a healthy lifestyle.

5. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amy is right. She's a smart cookie, listen to her.

6. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many church goers OUTSIDE of your church would read him? I am not saying he is bad, but he is better for more academic minds. Read Jerry Bridges instead.

7. IdahoSpudster

IdahoSpudster New Member

I appreciate the book recommendations, but recommend something that someone with a brain injury can read. Stephen King and Tom Clancy I can manage if I go slow enough and reread some parts. Clancy I sometimes take notes because he has a million things going on at once. Hope this helps settle the book debate. :thumbs:

8. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Francis Chan is a very easy to read author and he's very interesting. He packs his books with stories and is very creative in his writing style. I fisniegd Crazy Love in 2 days and I am a slow reader. Chan is one of the best writers in the world.

Crazy Love

#28 evangelist6589, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2013
  9. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

My advice as Amy.G is, start reading the bible. God communicates with us through His word. Each time you open the scripture to read it ask God to bless it to your soul. The more you read the scripture, the more you want to read it and it will get to the point that you can't do without reading the scripture each day. You will be surprised how the scripture will become necessary food for your soul.

10. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pray and read the Bible in that order.

Oh, and don't do anything except repent. Seriously. Quit lying and stealing, but don't get fooled into thinking God is trying to give you a special mission or call. Forget it. The call is repentance.

So, pray and read the Bible.