1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spiritual Gifts (SG's)?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Alcott, Mar 19, 2018.

?
  1. Every Christian has at least 1 SG--an ability that only the Holy Spirit can provide

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. SG is just a renaming of a natural ability an individual has

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. SG's were temporary special abilities of early Christians before the New Testament was complete

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  4. Some SG's-- the miraculous gifts-- have ceased since the early church age

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  5. A Christian does have a SG, but it may be temporary for a particular situation

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  6. All Christians should exercise all SG's; not assume one does not have a particualr gift

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. A Christian should not pressume to have a particular SG; others must evaluate

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  8. There is no differentiation between "talents" and SG's

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. A Christian did NOT have the effects of a SG *before* he became a Christian

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. I believe there are no SG's today-- the Spirit just directs what needs to be done

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I put a ? after the topic because it is a bit controversial; though perhaps not so much as in years past, but that may be just my own perception. Anyway, I am in a class in which that is the subject, and I think the only thing shown so far is that many people have not made up their minds as to their own gift (if any), SG's v. lalents/natural abilities, cessation of all SG's or some SG's, ...

Please check the poll answers with which you agree, and/or give your positions or perceptions about SG's as doctrinal topic.