1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spiritual Truth

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by JonC, Jun 14, 2019.

1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is “spiritual truth”? Is it the ability to accept what can humanly be understood? Or is it something else?

Earlier in my education I associated “spiritual truth” with knowledge. We studied Scripture and by the Holy Spirit came to accept this doctrine or reject that one. I was a Calvinist because I affirmed the Doctrines of Grace and God led me there. That was I understood “spiritual truth” (God’s revelation but in the context of human knowledge accepted via divine means).

I am more and more inclined to view spiritual truth as an understanding that applies God’s revelation to the life of the believer. In other words, we have God’s revelation of Scripture. We have our understanding of God’s revelation of Scripture. Where are we led? What difference does this make in our life? Are we more gracious people or more hateful people?