1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. Paul City Office Boots Easter Bunny

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Vasco, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Vasco

Vasco New Member

ST. PAUL, Minn. - The Easter Bunny has been sent packing at St. Paul City Hall.A toy rabbit, pastel-colored eggs and a sign with the words "Happy Easter" were removed from the lobby of the City Council offices, because of concerns they might offend non-Christians.

A council secretary had put up the decorations. They were not bought with city money.

St. Paul's human rights director, Tyrone Terrill, asked that the decorations be removed, saying they could be offensive to non-Christians.

But City Council member Dave Thune says removing the decorations went too far, and he wonders why they can't celebrate spring with "bunnies and fake grass

St. Paul City Office Boots Easter Bunny

2. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I wonder if they did the same thing with Santa?

And I wonder when all this stuff that has nothing to do with Christianity started offending non-christians????

3. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

If it weren't so sadly PC, this would be funny...

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

How can a pagan Easter symbol be seen as Christian?!?!?!

I rarely am amazed anymore - but this one is too wierd.

5. Daisy

Daisy New Member

I would think that if the Easter Bunny would be offensive to anyone it would be to Christians as a trivialization of the most sacred holiday.

Not that I won't be nibbling on chocolate bunny ears and, nummers nummers, Dove truffle eggs...well, I'm not so easily offended when chocolate is offered.

Are Catholics offended by chocolate Sacred Hearts (linkie)?