1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

State of the Union lies

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

Feel free to add any you have found.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    PRESIDENT OBAMA: “After years of grueling recession, our businesses have created over 6 million new jobs.”

PRESIDENT OBAMA: “After shedding jobs for more than 10 years, our manufacturers have added about 500,000 jobs over the past three.”

PRESIDENT OBAMA: “We have doubled the distance our cars will go on a gallon of gas.”

PRESIDENT OBAMA: “Already the Affordable Care Act is helping to reduce the growth of health care costs.”

PRESIDENT OBAMA: “Real reform means establishing a responsible pathway to earned citizenship — a path that includes passing a background check, paying taxes and a meaningful penalty, learning English and going to the back of the line behind the folks trying to come here legally.”

PRESIDENT OBAMA: “We can build on the progress my administration has already made – putting more boots on the southern border than at any time in our history and reducing illegal crossings to their lowest levels in 40 years,” Obama said.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: “Study after study shows that the sooner a child begins learning, the better he or she does down the road. … And for poor kids who need help the most, this lack of access to preschool education can shadow them for the rest of their lives. … Every dollar we invest in high-quality early education can save more than $7 later on — by boosting graduation rates, reducing teen pregnancy, even reducing violent crime.”

PRESIDENT OBAMA: “I urge this Congress to pursue a bipartisan, market-based solution to climate change, like the one John McCain and Joe Lieberman worked on together a few years ago. But if Congress won’t act soon to protect future generations, I will. I will direct my Cabinet to come up with executive actions we can take, now and in the future, to reduce pollution, prepare our communities for the consequences of climate change and speed the transition to more sustainable sources of energy.”

OBAMA: “We buy less foreign oil than we have in twenty [years].”

PRESIDENT OBAMA: “On Medicare, I’m prepared to enact reforms that will achieve the same amount of health care savings by the beginning of the next decade as the reforms proposed by the bipartisan Simpson-Bowles commission.”

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/02/13/fact-checking-president-obamas-2013-state-of-the-union-address/