1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Staying Out of Calvinism & Arminianism Debate

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by HopefulNChrist, Oct 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HopefulNChrist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Proverbs 26:He that passeth by, and meddleth with strife belonging not to him, is like one that taketh a dog by the ears.

I learned my lesson, thanks to the Lord, but I remind believers of this correction when "debating".

Galatians 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. 16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Romans 14:21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.

Proverbs 22:20 Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge, 21 That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth; that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee? 22 Rob not the poor, because he is poor: neither oppress the afflicted in the gate: 23 For the Lord will plead their cause, and spoil the soul of those that spoiled them. 24 Make no friendship with an angry man; and with a furious man thou shalt not go: 25 Lest thou learn his ways, and get a snare to thy soul.

I do not envy the moderators of their job; nor the admins either, but at least they know when to close a thread when biting and devouring is going on to cool everybody involved off a bit, before reopening.

Matthew 18:10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven. 11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost. 12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray? 13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray. 14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish. 15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. 16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. 17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain. 10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; 11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

2 Thessalonians 3:1 Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you: 2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith. 3 But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil. 4 And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you. 5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ. 6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us. 7 For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;....14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed. 15 Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

1 Corinthians 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. 11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

If you can be engaged in a discussion without berating or belittling the opponents, as if you can win an argument that way, more power from the Lord to you, but if not... hope you see the vanity in getting angry.

2 Timothy 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

By His grace & by His help, I am withdrawing from this particular sub-forum because I do not want to support something that by participating, is causing some of my brothers to stumble.

As advised by one in authority in this forum, I should not engage in anything that makes me uncomfortable.

Thank you all for reading this for why I shall be relying on Him to stay out of the debate in this sub-forum.

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    (Looks at Subforum name)
    Calvinism and Arminianism Debate

(Looks at thread title)
    Staying Out of Calvinism and Arminianism Debate

Seriously (1).gif

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :Roflmao

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rockson

Rockson Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I appreciate your concerns. You insinuate by the use of the above scripture that this subject theme doesn't belong to anyone. And yet I've people saying when they believed in Calvinistic thinking they were depressed and felt in bondage. Are they to have no one helping them out of it?

That being said I appreciate you concerns of strife. Some topics are foolish to get into and some not so much. Because so many become troubled by Calvinists type doctrines I think they're fair to address but attitudes needs kept in check lest any of us go off the rails.

That's fine and what you should do if you have doubts the subject and theme can be talked about in a way that brings benefit.

5. HopefulNChrist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Those in the sub-forum should know the Biblical reasons why I am avoiding Calvinism & Arminianism Debate sub forum in the event that any of them should see that they are actually stumbling when belittling & thus despising others when arguing with them on certain topic.

So if any one looks down on someone and express it in reply, that believer has given up all patience and meekness in edifying those that oppose themselves, and forgetting that whatever they do unto even the least of the brethren, they do it unto Jesus.

That is why after the first and second admonition, when those that oppose themselves cannot see the reproof of scripture, then rather than despise them, withdraw and leave it to God to cause the increase at another time.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We don't care. If you don't like the forum feel free to leaven. Nobody has a ball and chain around your ankle.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.