1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Still no facts supporting preterism!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by robycop3, Nov 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    actually, the animal sacrifices never saved anyone anyway.

HankD

2. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    either way the bible does not say anywhere that they are coming back.

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If they did they would look back in time not forward.

HankD

4. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ezekiel in his city and temple prohpecies- as in ch. 40, v. 41-- does refer to slaughtering the sacrifices. Is that in the past or in the future?

5. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ezekiel was prophesying to the exiles in Babylon after the destruction. The temple would be rebuilt, & sacrificial worship restored.

BUT tabernacle & temple were symbolic of a greater & enduring sacrifice & temple - Christ & his church built with living stones - his redeemed people.

There can NEVER be another acceptable physical temple & animal sacrifices. If there is a another temple in Jerusalem it will be in rejection of the saving FINISHED work of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Eph. 2:19 Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, 20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, 21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, 22 in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

1 Peter 2:4 Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, 5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
    9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some of the disciples saw Jesus in His transfuguration when He appeared with Moses and Elijah shortly before His "passion". Now, how did those disciples know who Moses & Elijah were, as no known portraits of them existed. Apparently, Jesus 'caused' them to know who they were by His power.

And remember, Jesus had already said that John The Baptist was the personification of Elijah, and some of the disciples had met him before he was murdered, & they all knew he was dead.

Now, will you please explain the absence in history of the eschatological events leading up to Jesus' retuen? And, if you believe they've already occurred, please explain Matthew 24:29 in which Jesus said He'd return during a great cosmological disturbance which will occur IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE GREAT TRIB. if that trib has already occurred, Jesus is long-overdue!

But the TRUTH is, NONE of those events have yet happened! As for the millenium, it's clearly indicated in the Revelation.

7. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The "Wailing Wall" is part of a wall that was built around the temple complex, not part of the temple itself.

8. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sir, I saw that site a good while back, and it's full of imagination, conjecture, & guesswork.

First of all, when I was a child, I looked up at the clouds, especially when a collection of cumulus clouds was passing, & I imagined they were everything from dragons, flying fish & whales, to fighter planes & spaceships, to Santa's sleigh with flying reindeer. Apparently, some grown men played this same game that almost every child plays. And Josephus had been a leader of a Jewish rebellion against Rome who'd been forced to surrender, but managed to ingratiate himself to Vespasian, who adopted him as a member of the Flavius family. Naturally, Josephus was very careful not to displease any natural Flavius member! Thus, he embellished some of his stories.

Calling the likeness of a Roman ruler on a coin the "mark of the beast" is indeed a stretch!!!!!!!!!! In that case, we should call the US Presidents who appear on our money "beast-ettes"!!!!!!!!I dismiss that whole thingie as poppycock! (Remember, Jesus asked, "Whose likeness is on this coin?" & the answer was "Caesar's" He did NOT call it an idol or mark of the beast, but He said, "Render to Caesar what belongs to Caesar.")

So, please tell us when all life in the seas died. When was all green grass burned up? When was Jerusalem split into 3 parts by an earthquake? When did a ruler set up a talking statue in the temple in Jerusalem? When was there a rain of 100-LB rocks?

Was Nero the "antichrist"? Most assuredly NOT! Revelation says no man can defeat the AC, but Nero was brought down by General Galba & friends. And Nero was NOT cast alive into the lake of fire; he DIED in front of several witnesses who tried to save him after he had his secretary Epaphroditus stab him with a sword. Nor did he have a miracle-working false prophet as his deputy. And there are many more criteria for the "beast/antichrist/man of sin' that Nero didn't meet, while the TRUE 'beast MUST meet every one of them EXACTLY!

I hope you compare actual unbiased history with Scripture to see that the prophesied eschatological events have NOT yet occurred, so you realize preterism is simply a false doctrine invented by MAN, made prominent by some jeezits who wanted to protect the pope frombeing labeled the 'beast. (Another false doctrine in itself! )

9. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What HAS been fulfilled is generally not considered to be part of pret doctrine. Most preterists are concerned with the ESCHATOLOGICAL events.

10. Revelation 20:5

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Brother Robycop, the discussion Jesus was having with the disciples in Matthew 16 had nothing to do with the transfiguaration miracle. That is conjecture on your part. Now I see how dispensational futurists are explaining Matthew 16: 27-28.

Verse 21 states: From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life." I don't see any mention of Elijah or Moses. The message was for his disciples! Here is the rest of that section of Matthew 16 so everyone can see the context of whom this message was intended for:

24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 25 For whoever wants to save their lifef]">[f] will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. 26 What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? 27 For the Son of Man is going to come(parousia) in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done. 28 “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I believe it was a conditional temple if the Israelites would stay out of sin but they didn't, so the actual new temple became one not made with hands or stones and now is the church, the body of christ and Jesus was the final sacrifice. This is why I see Futurism as flawed, If Jesus payed the ultimate price why does israel have to make a new temple that is rejecting Jesus?

• Like Like x 1
  12. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

So tell me is this future antichrist going to be born?
    If the "rapture" is imminent how is this possible?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Revelation 20:5

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ok, I see that any historical evidence that I reference will be "bogus" in your eyes so now I will discuss internal evidence...the evidence of what is written to determine the time element of the Book Of Revelation. Here is Revelation 1 verses 1-3:

1 The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2 who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. 3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.

Right there in the prologue is the timing of the events of the Book of Revelation. It is confirmed at the end of the book in chapter 22:

6 And he said unto me, “These sayings are faithful and true,” and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent His angel to show unto His servants the things which must shortly be done.

In the following 2 verses, I'm about to show how so many Christians have read these and completely missed the correlation. I'm referring to Daniel 12:9 and Revelation 22:10. Daniel 12:9 states:

Dan 12:9 - And he said, “Go thy way, Daniel, for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end."

Rev 22:10 - And he said unto me, “Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book, for the time is at hand."

Daniel was told to seal up the words of the prophecy until the time of the end. In Revelation 22:10 John was told to not seal up the sayings of this book, for the time is at hand. The Greek word here is "engys" which means near. The term "imminence" that dispensational futurists are using to explain these verses as occurring "at any time" (even thousands of years into the future ) doesn't mean a long period of time either. Any dictionary will define "imminence" as something that will occur soon: Imminent dictionary definition | imminent defined When was Revelation written? I know the futurists will say it was written during the time of Domitian but there were no cataclysmic events that occurred at that time. There was also a Jewish problem among some of the 7 churches at the time the Book of Revelation was read, see Rev 2:9. That concept is absolutely ridiculous post 70AD.

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those who believe that there will be a millennial temple with animal sacrifice restored generally say:

The blood of bulls and goats never took away sin but looked forward to the shed blood of the final propitiating sacrifice.
    In the millennial temple the blood of bulls and goats will not take away sin either but will look back as a memorial sacrifice.

I am undecided about this.

HankD

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Everything we reply is bogus to him, His replies are like a broken record.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's already been discusses on pp.1-2; the key whether "all these things" included that wall or not.

17. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The face that they don't "have to" doesn't mean they wont.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not a talking statue [we presume], but I knew Antoichus had set a statue. jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/1589-antiochus-iv-epiphanes

But what is a talking statue? A robot/humanoid? Or something simpler and nonelectronic that might have been available at that time and area of the world is the mechanical minds were there? We know there were water clocks that signaled hours, and mirror setups that could set set buildings or ships on fire, for instance. I have an old Victor adding machine that is entirely mechanical that my grandfather used in the store he ran.

19. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are two main arguments the premil antipreterists use.

Unfulfilled OC prophecy regarding a glorious future for Israel when Messiah comes
    And
    Jesus' coming in AD seventy isn't recorded in history.

Both demand a carnal "literal" interpretation of prophecy. Both deny the spiritual interpretation seen in Acts and the letters.

They even reject what they read in Revelation 6 relating to the destruction where the land (of Israel) suffers as prophesied in Ezekiel 14:21 and Jesus in Luke 23:30.

Scripture does not need a millennium for the fulfilment of prophecy. Jesus suffered, died and rose, and ascended to his heavenly throne according to prophecy, fulfilled the promises to Israel by the Gospel as many thousands believed in Jesus Christ as Messiah, Lord, Saviour and King.

The first resurrection of souls is explained by Jesus as saving faith, contrasted with bodily resurrection. John 5:24-30

#59 Covenanter, Nov 19, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    A talking statue :Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.