1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Strange Poll Results

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by carpro, Dec 28, 2006.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/12/28/D8MA0MU80.html

AP Poll: Bush Both a Villain and a Hero
    Dec 28 1:22 PM US/Eastern

By DARLENE SUPERVILLE
    Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON

Bad guy of 2006: President Bush. Good guy of 2006: President Bush. When people were asked in an AP-AOL News poll to name the villains and heroes of the year, Bush topped both lists, in a sign of these polarized times.

2. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

Quote from article: "When people were asked to name the candidate for villain that first came to mind, Bush far outdistanced even Osama bin Laden, the terrorist leader in hiding; and former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein, who is scheduled for execution."

How ridiculous is that!!! :BangHead:

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sadly, there are some who call themselves Americans who really believe that.:tear:

4. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Yea, being American gives you all kinds of freedom, even if you don't agree with them. That is what is great about this country.

Not our "super power" not our money, finances, etc.. The mere fact that we can have people believe that Bush is worse than Bin Laden or Sadamm, that is what makes this country great. Our Freedom to choose, believe and accept what we want.

I don't think Bush is a villian, I do think he has done many many wrong things ni his presidency, but he's not a villian. His mistakes were just that, mistakes, Bin Laden and Saddamm's well they weren't mistakes, they lived that way on purpose.

Even so, I will respect anyone rights, who feels Bush was/is a villian. It's their right under our great nation.

Jamie

5. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

I agree that Bush is definitely not a villain. I also agree that he has done many wrong things in his presidency just like every president before him has done and every president after him will do. I just hate that the people of this nation won't recognize that. They would rather condemn him instead of perhaps pray for him. I also hate that Americans would try to lump him into the same category with Bin Ladan and Saddam. What a shame! What you said is dead on... they chose to do everything they have done and they care for no one but themselves. At least I believe that Bush has the best interest of the nation at heart when he makes decisions (Boy...I'm gonna get creamed on that comment) :BangHead: That is simply how I feel though.

6. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

#6 hillclimber1, Dec 29, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2006
  7. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Sure it is. Being able to believe in whatever you want without the fear of being put in jail or to death, that is true freedom!

We are allowed to believe in whatever we want, be it the truth or a lie. The whole point of freedom is no one gets to decide what I believe or not.

You make have your opinion, but unless you've been under a rock, you can't tell me he hasn't made huge mistakes. Even he, in his last term, he has started to admit to some of them.

I think some/one of us biggest mistakes is to listen to the likes of Chenny, Rice and Rove. I think if Bush had better people around him, he would have been a better president.

As is your right. :)

Jamie

8. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

9. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

There are two lines of history that are germaine to this belief. There are people that believe the government-military-media complex story that Osama Bin Laden, and somehow by proxy Saddam Hussein, are responsible for the events of September 11, 2001. There is another group of Americans that believe that the government-military-media complex is complicit or responsible for the events of September 11, 2001. What one believes relative to these events will determine whether or not one believes George W Bush is a hero or a villain.

10. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Well, although you are correct about True Freedom, we were talking about American's freedoms and freedoms as an American.

We were not talking about the difference between being free as a Christian vers a non Christian. Nice try at spinning it though..

So, since he got ONE thing right you think he's done an excellent job!?! For me, that that job, you need to have a better + ratio than just ONE thing. Sorry, I have higher standards for my President. :thumbs:

So fine, that he needed to bring in Daddy's boys to help out? I don't agree with you on this at all! The people around him are not worth their jobs in my opinion.

Jamie

BTW, do you quote with dots just to make it hard for people to quote your posts? Are you that afraid of people quoting what you say? :tongue3:

11. Daisy

Daisy New Member

There is a third - that Osama bin Laden and his gang was responsible for planning and carrying out 9-11, that Bush did little to forestall it but was in no way complicit (nor was Saddam Hussein); but that subsequently, Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz & Franks took advantage of the climate and used the attack as an excuse to invade Iraq. Bush then allows torture of prisoners, curtails citizen rights and the rule of law (noteably habeas corpus and common article 3 of the Geneva Convention). Whether you consider Bush to reach villain stature depends on if you think Bush is a moron-puppet or a real boy.

12. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

I'm glad you brought that up. Sometimes it tells me I haven't said enough to make a proper post and so I've learned that when it says that I put 10 periods or so in there and shazzam it works. I know it's not a proper understanding by me, but it works.

13. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Bush isn't really a villian; he's venial. Lacks a moral compass and the backbone to do the right thing. Bright, but ignorant of things in general, and inclined to thinking whatever is good for him and his friends is the right thing to do.