1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Strange things happening

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are joking, right?

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You made it look like I'm the one with the photos of a haunted necklace. Just so folks know, those aren't mine.

Anyway, I've seen better photos of Bigfoot.

Just sayin'.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist

4. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aaron:

I did not do that, Aaron. I was interfered with twice during my post to you and I was just interfered with yet again as I attempted to answer you. I am literally having to pray my way through this thread just to stay on Baptist Board and even to have clear access.Sorry about the messed up post but I couldn't even finish it properly without being wiped off before I could complete things.

You said, "Anyway, I've seen better photos of Bigfoot."

Then go search out Bigfoot and ignore me. That is your option.

5. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My tablet must be under devilish influence. This site is the only one today that seems slow to load.

6. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My Safari browser error page says the server is having response issues.

7. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm wondering if the BaptistBoard doesn't have some sort of autocorrect feature enabled. I've had some weird posts that I've had to go back and fix myself.

8. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    For those that are questioning this interference matter: It isn't just Bapt. Board. It is happening on Photobucket. When I pray for it to be cleared up it done within minutes, usually just moments. Then it starts all over again. I realize that everyone will have technical problems now and then. It happens. But when it happens consistently just before I finish a post or as I am attempting to lift and paste pictures and make corrections then I have a pretty good idea as to the cause. This problem goes back almost 10 years. It's this particular subject that devils hate most of all: the deliverance from evil by Jesus Christ and His shed blood. It is their doom and they don't want anyone talking about it.

P.S. dearest Rolf. I still have you on ignore. Hate to disappoint you but besides your worthless opinions about the various topics you have criticized me....(hint, hint, hint)

[Inappropriate comment edited]

Any professing Christian that doesn't have enough discernment not to use a pervert like Groucho Marx as his/her avatar does not have opinions worth consideration.

#48 Calypsis4, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2016
  9. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like you need a better internet connection.

10. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    *laugh* Evidently you do not.

11. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The photos are low res, and, frankly, I think genuine manifestations are somewhat terrifying.

I just don't see someone hanging around to take pics.

12. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    O.K. But the pictures I posted are not low res, it is worse than that. They are horrible. The originals were lost when my hard drive crashed about five years ago. The only thing I had left was a video recording of those same pictures I did which I posted on Fundamentalist Forum during that same season. The recording turned out pretty bad. Nonetheless, the pictures are legitimate.

Aaron, you are probably a very fine person who loves the Lord and means well, but let me gently ask you: What would you have us do in situation like that? Run and hide from the devils? No way. We defeated them by the power of Christ and the house was eventually cleansed and it sits quietly to this day nine years later. The renters that live there now can't even tell there was once a great spiritual war in that great three story house.

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love and of a sound mind. II Timothy 1:7.

Friend, we are not supposed to be afraid of the devil.
    [​IMG]
    Best wishes to you.

#52 Calypsis4, May 1, 2016
    Last edited: May 1, 2016
  13. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course not. I John 4:4. Neither do I think that we are supposed to be infatuated with the demonic.

14. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apparently run for the camera.
    "Say 'cheezus!"

15. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

Yes, you do. Last year you were blaming the devils for inserting demon emojis instead of realizing that you were just typing the right combination of text.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  16. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Shall I answer you, O' Dungeonmaster?

I think not.

P.S. for the rest of you; check out what I discovered about Dungeons and Dragons from their own website. http://www.baptistboard.com/threads/the-bible-the-supernatural-revisited.97869/#post-2200980
    Post # 15. Enlarge the pictures and see that what I told Snapper Woody was the truth all along. Black magic, demons, and spellcasting. All forbidden in scripture.

#56 Calypsis4, May 1, 2016
    Last edited: May 1, 2016
  17. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmm, I can see that you are neither fair nor balanced. When you get there you get back with me.;)

18. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Friend of Salty:

If you would like to talk about your situation and you don't want to do it publicly, send me a PM and I'll get back with you ASAP.

19. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread needs to refocus upon the Scriptures and quit the huge speculations and posting of videos.

First, for the believer, Paul was VERY specific as to what the believer should use to defend against the enemy:
    "10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. 14 Stand firm therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints,..."​

Seems to me that these are the weapons in which believers are to use, not some vocalizing or claiming or naming. The weapons of our warfare are not that which can be found in a video or some audio recordings.

Second, the whole world is the playground for the spiritual forces of wickedness. There is no righteousness in claiming some "ground" as holy or unholy. That is God's business for this world is His creation. We may ask through "all prayer and petition" but the cause must be for the furtherance of the Gospel (as Paul continued in Ephesians 6 to show).

Third, the Scriptures are clear that messing with the demonic world and what is of that world is not to happen. The OT explicitly states that one who does should not live. There should be no tolerance among believers for even entertainment that engages or references the demonic much less seeking out cause to engage.

Fourth, the believers are not invited into the warfare of the heavenly. The believer is not charged with doing battle with the demonic. The weapons of the warfare given in Ephesians are each defensive, not offensive. They are given to protect the believer, not to go forth into the battle. The King (Jehoshaphat) was told, "The battle is the Lord's" (2 Cor.) As the believer "goes down" (or goes about) they will often encounter opposition, but "the battle is the Lord's." The believer is to put on defensive armor: truth, righteousness, peace...

Fifth, The sword is not used by the believer, but by the Spirit. The believer is to take with them the Scriptures, not as some might carry about a bible, but have the Scriptures at hand in the heart and in the mind. The Scriptures are not some tool for emergency use, but are a continual cleansing, continual shelter, continual rock, continual presence...

Readers of this thread, it is not the physical manifestations of evil that should alarm, such things are but for show and tell times, and the believer is to be just at peace in the storm as in the calm. Should one find themselves in circumstances in which the oppression and or manifestation of evil is encountered, don't run foolishly into the battle, rather take the defensive armor as Paul states, and stand firm, stand still, "Stand in His strength, alone." One does not need to "proclaim" or "cast" or any other pseudo action, for "the battle is the Lord's." Did not Paul say, " Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might."

And did not the Lord Jesus state, "...I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

What further need of the believer than that which the Scriptures provide for defense.

Certainly, it is time to put foolish notions of demonic manifestations aside, and present the sufficiency of the Lord. Battling some evil manifestation is not found in some verbiage expressing some command or demand. For if one is filled with the Spirit, there is no room for anything else, and nothing will be a part of their life but what is not totally approved by the Father. He has the battle plans, and the battle is His.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes!

Yes, with one caveat. Both Jesus and Paul cast out demons with a command. I agree that there is no claiming or naming, but there might be a vocal command. However, our words mean nothing unless the Spirit has chosen to work through us. If so, he will give us insight into when to speak. There are times when we should NOT cast out demons, as Jesus warned.

Yes!

Yes! Those who are believers are not to seek out demonic confrontations, but deal with them if they come about in the course of ministry. As for me, the last time I dealt with anything explicit was 1991.

The sword of the Spirit is an offensive weapon. We are not always called to use it in these situations, but it is there. I have to disagree about doing battle with the demonic. Each day, Christians who faithfully serve and enhance and expand the kingdom of God are battling the demonic realm. Occasionally, that breaks out into explicit manifestations. Just for to give you my perspective, the method of casting demons out of someone is simple. It is to evangelize them and guide the new believer into discipleship. If you encounter spiritual resistance, then deal with it. But "dealing with it" is going to be like Jesus and Paul - quick and from a position of victory. There will not be hours and days of exorcism like you hear about and see in movies.

I agree that the scripture should be in the heart and heart, and well as controlling the hand and all of the other members of the body. Carrying a physical Bible is fine, but it is not a prop or magic amulet. The power of the word of God comes from its nature and its work in us.

That being said, the word of God (aka sword of the Spirit) is definitely used by us. It is used to free and heal ourselves and others.

Yes! The manifestations are there to provoke fear and fascination. As believers, we have to set both of those aside. If you are afraid, you need to trust in God. If you become fascinated - evidence of this is being overly concerned about manifestations, videos, photos, talking about the works of darkness - you need to repent. You are losing focus on Christ.

Ask Jesus for protection and you WILL be heard! There may be a purpose in your affliction, but be sure that God is looking after you.

Being strong in the strength of His might sometimes means casting out demons. There will be many who never face it, but some will. We don't have to be afraid of it in either case.

And He is. That is the greatest thing that God taught me during that season of warfare - (1) He is with me; (2) I can trust completely in Him; (3) My prayers are heard as soon as they are formulated in my mind; (4) I don't have to get everything "right" to experience the deliverance of God, because He is not a force to be manipulated, but a Person(s) to be known; (5) Those who engage in spiritual warfare against explicit manifestations of evil who truly understand what is going on will be driven to humility, because they know that they are nothing in the battle. It does not take a special person, special training, a level of spiritual sophistication or knowledge, or even great spiritual maturity. All of those things are wonderful and valuable, but they are not necessary for victory.

Sometimes God puts you into a battle as His representative to rescue the captives and proclaim good news to those who are oppressed. We simply need to be obedient to our calling and not assume our situation is the norm.