1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Strategic Implications of American Millennialism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by J.D., Feb 2, 2010.

1. AnotherBaptist

AnotherBaptist New Member

Any good paper or essay should seek objectivity. There was no balance that I saw.

Again, objectivity. When I wanted to learn about partial preterism I read Sproul's book, not one by a pre-miller. I knew what to expect. This paper said nothing about what would happen if preterism was rampant in political thought, all Muslims rallied behind that under an entirely different pretense and annihilated Israel (which they would be sure to do). That's the balance I would have in such a paper. If both are dangerous, then say so.

To be sure. But they didn't will the declaration into existence. Like this thesis, it overstates the power of pre-millennial-ism. God has His own hand in this too. He establishes rulers and authorities, not theologians. And a lot more was divided by the declaration than just Palestine.

You're forgetting that Israel didn't start the 1967 war. They weren't sending tanks into Gaza or the West bank to guard new "settlements" or anything close. They were attacked, without warning, by the Arabs and only gained the land they have now by pushing back their aggressors. If the Arabs wanted to keep this land, they never should have attacked in the first place.

You're also forgetting that most Palestinians deny Israel's right to exist, not just on that land, but any land. Do you agree with that?

#21 AnotherBaptist, Feb 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2010
  2. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, the soldier who produced this screed moonlights as a preacher in the Churches of Christ denomination. Take a look at his sermon on "Supernatural Power: What the Bible Teaches About When and Why God Allowed Satan and His Forces to Use Supernatural Power in the Physical World":

Skyline Church of Christ (PowerPoint file)

3. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes, I agree that Palenstinians deny Israel's right to exist, but I don't agree with their opinion. I support Israel's right to exist, and its right to occupy buffer zones as long as hostilities continue.

4. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm not surprised that he's a preacher, but a little surprised that he's CoC. I thought they were premil, but that shows you what I know. He certainly has a good grasp of the history of millenialism.

5. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

There is no neutrality on truth, and everyone has agenda. And neutral objectivity is never the goal of a paper unless it is stated by the author.

You have to remember that this is a college paper by an individual student. It is not an official government document, contrary to what Noah Hutchins says, and therefore does not seek to achieve objective neutrality.

Army War College is an acrredited graduate school, granting Master's degrees in Military Science and related fields. It is funded by appropriated DOD funds, but it is administered by professional Academics.

And why should it? That was not the topic of the paper.

"They" (dispenationalists) weren't exactly opposed to it, were they?

You should get the book "Ideas Have Consequences" by Richard Weaver.

"And he gave some...teachers" (Eph 4); does this not apply?

I'm not forgetting anything, but aren't you asssuming that I don't support Israel just because my support is not absolute?

6. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From the biliography:
    (Harkrider [South Bubmy Church of Christ] is a frequent guest speaker at Annadale Church of Christ, where the OP article's author now attends)

7. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Thanks for the support. I'm currently trying to figure out how to set my poem to music. Could be a top-40 hit?