1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Street Miracles

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by luke1616, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just another Epiphany brothers.....& what is going on with my pc screen? someone said its Foxfire & not Explorer....is anyone else having problems with posts being on the right of the screen frame (simply annoying)

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

none here.

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did anyone actually watch the video "Street Miracles...with Tom Fischer"?

The first two "healings" -- neither individual confirmed a "healing." The first one said he was "okay"; in the second one, after he "healed" the young man, the "healer" assumed an initial pain level of 10, then asked the guy what his current pain level was...then a couple of moments later, the young man said he was okay before the "healer" did his thing...worse, the "healer" did his best to convince the young man that there was a change.

No comment at this time on the third one...other than be prepared for foul language.

4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I watched most of them and they all came across false.

5. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

I know some of you disagree that "kick the devils booty" is blasphemous.

Actually, it is blasphemy and blasphemous. And if the Word of God is this sensitive when speaking against evil principalities, how cautious should we be to reverence the Name of God?

The word in Jude v.8 is blasphemeo. It means to "defame with speech, to speak impiously" (of the speaker, not necessarily the one being spoken against, but of the behavior of the speaker) and/or " to revile or rail against."

So my judgment isn't based on opinion, it's based on useage and context of Jude and the Word of God. In verse 9 Michael did not behave nor speak blasphemously nor impiously. He shows us how to handle it.

So again, this site blasphemed. I'm not going to just let it slide because some see it as a personal opinion. The Word of God is clear on what they've done. It is very serious and a grave matter. False teachers and false teachings are what that site is about.