1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Struggling with "divorced Pastor" issue!

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by GloryBound, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

Jeremiah 3:6-8
    6 The Lord said also unto me in the days of Josiah the king, Hast thou seen that which
    backsliding Israel hath done? she is gone up upon every high mountain and under every
    green tree, and there hath played the harlot.
    7 And I said after she had done all these things, Turn thou unto me. But she returned not.
    And her treacherous sister Judah saw it.
    8 And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had
    put her away, and given her a bill of Divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not,
    but went and played the harlot also.

Go divorced Israel for ADULTRY which is a particular type of FORNICATION.
    1) This is a picture. We are supposed to learn from it.
    2) If God can get a divorce how can it be a sin?
    3) If God can justify his divorce with the particular type of fornication known as adultry, then so can we.

Lacy

2. Gunther

Gunther New Member

I just thought I would weigh in here again. Lacy, God is also said to have been married to Israel and her sister, Judah. So, on the basis of your logic and presentation of the issue, I could also marry my wife's sister and have two wives.

I am thinking that is not a good idea.

As far as the adultery issue, I was pointing out that the condemnation in 1 Cor. 5 is aimed at the MAN because he was the one who was apparently in the church.