1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stumbled into a swarm of bees...

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Deacon, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Weather’s been hot but that hasn’t stopped me from working outside.
    About two weeks ago I snagged my hand and cut it rather badly on a handle of a bucket I’d been using to carry stones to my creek. I trimmed a bit of loose skin with sissors and it cleaned up well.
    Two days later I happened to have scheduled a routine health visit with my doctor and arranged to have a Tetanus shot.
    I expected three days of misery after the injection but now coming into three weeks later I’m still having problems lifting my arm and the general arthritis has kicked up rather badly.

Well I had a scheduled day off yesterday, grandkids visiting. And there’s nothing better than hard work to loosen up the bones. I got out the chain saw and began cutting up a few large limbs that had fallen earlier in the spring. By afternoon I’d managed to cut quite a load and began to move it to the side to the log pile.
    I began to stack it and was suddenly attacked by a large swarm of bees. This old man hasn’t run in quite a while but I managed to skidaddle out of their fast yesterday. I stopped about 20 yards away just to see what it was that I stumbled into and was stung a few more times.
    So I spent much of the afternoon and evening nursing my bruises and welts.

They say that some people get medicinal bee stings to help them with their arthritis.... well IMO it’s only a distraction. The bones still creak but the stings over rule the joint pain.

I woke up at 11 pm after two hours of sleep itching the stings, I have a bit of a fever as well, hot and cold shivers, no major swelling though. I’ve got to go to work tomorrow...so if you remember, say a prayer for me this morning.... going to be a long day.

Rob

• Prayers Prayers x 8
  2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow, Deacon, I feel your pain; you have to be careful of wasps/bumblebees/ground yellow jackets etc. this time of year because the nests are full of next years queen larvae which makes them very aggressive. I consider those ground yellow jackets to be the most dangerous thing in the woods around here.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you been tested for allergies to bees? You might have a mild case that could be treated. Might be worth a trip to the doctor's if you haven't already gone.

Praying for you.

4. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh dear! You know that one can develop allergies to stinging insects as one ages. No saying you are old, just aging like everyone does.

Praying for you today.

5. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for your prayers! I'm tired and look lumpy and itch quite a bit, ...but nothing a Benadryl can't cure tonight.

Only four spots swelled up and bothered me, my back, the left hand, right elbow and the left temple.
    The bees that attacked through the clothing only left rather minor stings.

Still don't know what kind they are - they're holed up in a hollow log in the middle of the stack.
    - probably yellow jackets but I can't/won't get close enough to identify them
    I got through the day without incident and had a story to tell each of my patients.

Rob