1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Suffering

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Michael Wrenn, Jan 14, 2012.

1. WestminsterMan

WestminsterMan New Member

I need clarification... Are you saying that the death of infants is caused by original sin - or that when infants die they go to hell???

WM

#41 WestminsterMan, Feb 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2012
  2. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Putting words in my mouth?

I am saying that instead of a unified and harmonious whole, as some proclaim the OT to be, I recognize that it contains various traditions and belief systems, some diametrically opposed to each other, such as the priestly tradition and the prophetic tradition. When I read something that is directly contradictory to the teachings and example of Jesus, I consider the source from which it came. And I choose to follow Jesus.

#42 Michael Wrenn, Feb 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2012
  3. mandym

mandym New Member

Wow! ok then

4. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Well, thanks for not attacking me. I like discussion, and I don't intend to malign anyone's seriously held beliefs. If I believe something strongly, I'll state that and expect everyone would do the same. I would also hope to do so without personal offense, but if I ever fail and don't live up to that, I'll ask to be forgiven.

5. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I am saying that death is the consequence of original sin. I am saying every human being existed in one human nature in one man -Adam and when he sinned all men sinned. I am saying that this ONE UNDIVIDED HUMAN NATURE that existed and sinned was consequentially divided by natural generation and death of infants as well as all men demonstrate they sinned when Adam sinned and thus are just partakers of the consequences of that sin.

I am not saying dying infants go to hell. They are saved exactly as they were damned. They were damned apart and without individual personal choice in Adam and they are saved apart and without personal choice because Christ by His death took away the eternal consequences due to the "sin" of the world (Jn. 1:29). All who go to hell go due to their own individual sins and are judged "according to their works."