1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Suggestion for a book or cd

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by merryyon, Apr 11, 2005.

1. merryyon

merryyon New Member

My friend has need of a cd/book that she can listen to while commuting (or read (I don't know when she could) concerning Mothering two little girls (1 & 2), having a full time banking job along with a husband who is in Medical School. I posted on other boards and was given the "she got herself into that mess..." so please none of that, please some real uplifting inspirational information. Thanks, Mary, her friend who lives 2K miles away!

2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Merry,

Any friend that lives in Hawaii should help us ... ;o)

You could narrow down the literature requirement. Does she need help mothering, banking, or supporting a husband in Med school?

3. JohnB

JohnB New Member

I'm assuming there is no Christian radio?

When my sister in law was a missionary to Japan in the pre-internet days, I used to tape Chuck Swindoll off the radio and mail her the tapes. She fouond them very uplifting.

Or Nancy Leigh Demoss' program "Revive our Hearts" (targeted for women.) I certainly appreciate her teaching. http://www.backtothebible.org/

4. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

I hate to admit it, but I like Nancy Leigh DeMoss.
    She has some really good stuff for ladies.
    Get her stuff.

I don't even know if she is of the same "stripe" that I am but she has good, sound, Biblical advice and teaching for the lady who wishes to honor God and her own husband.

In HIS service;
    Jim