1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Suggestion For Staff

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Darrell C, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Matt we don't agree much BUT when we do we do it BIG! You accestment of Zaac is straight up! Bravo!

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a section just for politics.

All the rigite vs leftie media driven noise going on in here all the time makes it hard to concentrate on what's really going on out there.

There should be a forum just for politics and one for "other" where people can gather and talk in leftie and rightie and talk all about those other interesting issues that divide us.

Yeah, that would be great!

#82 poncho, May 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2015
  3. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey thanks for the serious response, Poncho.

There's already a Politics section, and it seems that racial contention makes it difficult for their to be a focus on strictly political issues, which while they at times involve racial relations (and not just black/white), seem to flood the board in an extreme manner, turning nearly every thread into one of racial contention.

That's the reason for the suggestion.

Create a board specifically for racially contentious issues and allow them only there. Then it would make clear whether we have a one-track troll amongst us, lol.

For the troll, I have suggested that the only way we can appropriately deal with such is through a doctrinal approach. If one has a bent for slinging racial slurs and vilifying a particular race, he will be secluded to that section while the rest of the members are freed up to focus on the political issues. If they want to be involved with the membership, they will be forced to come out of their rut.

If we could actually get such as these into doctrinal discussions and ask them to present a Biblical Basis for their racism, perhaps it might dawn on them they have removed themselves from Christian Doctrine and Practice.

Or not.

But we won't know until we can get then into a doctrinal discussion, and I think there is a better chance of doing that if they are separated from the Board by their doctrine.

It is the same thing concerning Baptist Only boards, those of other denominations are not allowed there. It is the same thing concerning threads about human sexuality, and we don't have a member advocating the Homosexual Agenda here.

Just seems to be a good idea to me.

God bless.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What I would like to know is why people join the Baptist Board and ONLY post in the political section.

Yes, politics is important - but presenting the Blessed Gospel is the MOST important.

As Paul told Timothy -
    For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come. (II Tim 4:8)

Now Paul is NOT saying exercise is unimportant, but rather in the scheme of things it ranks well below our walk with the Lord.

5. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Preference.

6. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Troll played you like a violin.

7. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Quarantine? I like it. Some ppl can turn a discussion about breakfast cereal into a race issue.

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Already got one. What you really want is one devoted to conspiracy theories. One where you can post your mantra and more meaningless rhetoric that reminds me so much of cold war communist propaganda and has the resonance of one hand clapping.

#88 carpro, May 3, 2015
  9. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You know Salty I joined over 5 years ago and never really posted news/politics BUT when I realized how NASTY believers can be with one another here on the BB I felt it does not honor God! How does a christian "debate" turn so nasty and spreading the gospel go hand in hand? Sometimes I still do and the last time I was met with nastiness and condescending garbage that says to me not much spiritually minded people in here but PRIDE VS PRIDE! I have had post well over 5,000 views before but do YOU think it honors God two professing christians mud slinging with NO like mindedness? At least liberals have an excuse for being idiots and quarrelsome.

#89 Jedi Knight, May 3, 2015
  10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do agree that some of the name calling is totally unacceptable. I wonder if someone would say those things face-to-face to the person in question.

11. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those espousing a special forum for racial topics - - What would you name it?

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

That's your prerogative.

That's your prerogative.

That's your prerogative.
    That's your prerogative.

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since so many lies are promulgated by race baiters...

How about Liar's Lair ?

in honor of lies like "Hands up, don't shoot".

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

You're welcome Darrell.

Yes there is a Politics section but it's very rare that any actual political discussions take place there. Mostly it's an endless battle to see who can defend their own team by demonizing the other guy's team.

The are lot's of trolls here. Some are worse than others and I admit there are times when I do a bit of trolling myself. :smilewinkgrin:

Yeah that, or we could just avoid getting "hooked" in the jaw by the troll's bait. The troll I believe you are referring to just chums the water more than most. If ya smell chum in the water expect a hook to be nearby. Evidently there are some fish in the pond that enjoy being hooked.

You can't blame a troll for trolling that's what they do. Everyone knows this, "the debate is over" ! "we have reached a consensus" ! Don't take the bait.

Or not most likely.

Like sheep and goats? I'm not sure about that one.

We could always put it up for vote. I know a guy that might be willing to create a poll.

I'd like to see the democrats and republicans separated for a couple months or at least until I can get another bottle of Excedrin. The noise all that cheering and jearing and smearing and demonizing makes, serious it makes really hard to have a political discussion.

I think we should create a forum exclusive for cheerers, jearers and smearers and demonizers and oh yeah and anyone who has animals do their talking for them! We could call it the Party Politics Forum. Yeah that's it!

Now that would be perfect. A safe place democrats and republicans can get together to politely discuss their differences or beat each other to a pulp or whichever comes first.

Then those who cared to could discuss politics without having to listen to the "partiers" throwing officially sanctioned corporate sponsored talking points back and forth. It sounds kinda cliche to call it cliche but . . .

That would be so wonderful.

#94 poncho, May 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2015
  15. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Racially Contentious and Controversial Zone"

I think it would be very popular.

God bless.

16. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was thinking something a bit more subtle.

"Ebony and Ivory".

17. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    lol...very funny, lol.

Great song...terrible title for a board that highlights Racial Contention.

God bless.

18. sag38

sag38 Active Member

"Race Baiter Centeral" ?

19. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    lol...no, I think it has to maintain the serious nature that racial contention really is.

I don't think those that have issues with race should be kept from speaking...how else can we minister to them?

It is important for all of us to have our views challenged, but, we are all familiar with the difference of people speaking with someone, and people who only speak at someone. If their agendas were confined and not allowed free reign across the Forum, they may be forced to investigate other topics of discussion. And those who are racist need all the Word of God they can get. That is the only cleansing agent for gospels like that.

God bless.